Windows Me: No Thai keyboard!!

daeng bireley,

that is exactly what I did, it seems once I upgraded the browser, everything started to work. Now All I need is the Thai keyboard! Any ideas where I can get one, I don't think I'll make it to LOS this week as I had planned. I know some places have overlays, but I am thinking more in terms of a keyboard with English and Thai Characters on it. Also, if I change the keyboard, will I need to install a new driver for it? Or could I just switch the keyboards? Thanks again!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo Old Hippie -

Glad you were able to get the typing bit sorted. You can now start reliving your high school days when first learning how to type...by the search and find method! smile.gif" border="0

If you practice with enough diligence, you will soon be able to type in Thai without looking at the keys. It's just like using a calculator, where you can add or subtract a stack of numbers without glancing at the keyboard.

If you wish to avoid the bother of a second keyboard then yes, an overlay is best. My suggestion would be to buy a set of stickers that you can place over the individual keys.

Here is a great place to do some online shopping: http://www.dco.co.th/index.html If memory serves, there's a guy over there named Danny who can set you up proper. Wish I could give you more information but recently when trying to upgrade my browser somehow my O/E program got corrupted. Windows Millenium sucks! mad.gif" border="0

In the meantime, if you send me a PM with your e-mail address I can send you a nice rendering of the Thai alphabet on a keyboard I have saved on My Documents. It shows the location of all the vowels and letters, so you should be able to get started right away while you wait for your overlay/stickers to ship from Thailand.

Archived