Is Food from Street Vendors Safe?

I know this question has probably been asked and answered a thousand times but as i will be moving to LOS shortly I really need to know.

Can i eat from street vendors and not get as sick as a dog??

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least you can see everything and how they prepare it. At a restaurant you have no idea what is going on back there.

I have never had any problems with food stalls and I eat at them a LOT when in the LOS! Got violently sick from an indoor mall food court place once though. It was simultaneously coming out of both ends like a firehose. Not fun!

I've seen meat sitting out with tons of flies crawling all over it. worse thing was thats what i saw AFTER enjoying a sumptuous feast. Didnt make me feel too good after eating. fortunately had no problems with the food.

I like your avatar, thats exactly what ill be doing in 8 days from now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

i may be the only one , but I never eat off the food carts, In Thailand or Mexico,

I have always told my friends that that I am not a gourmet,

so I do not travel for the food,

And I really do not want to spend a couple of days hugging the toilet :(

Yeah , maybe I miss something , but thats OK

I would rather not get sick , I only have a fixed time for a vacation.

OC

Better safe than sorry I guess... I'm just lazy, and grab whatever food is closest, looks good etc.

Not exactly gourmet, but some good stuff out there. My point was, I've never been sick. Eaten off carts hundreds of times, maybe thousands! Maybe I have a cast iron stomach, never had food poisoning anywhere (touch wood).

Archived