Bus Stop???????

Man at Work

The ones in uniform were the regular staff..., the other ones were freelancers, who helped out from time to time. Guess it was a "face-thing". As they were playing waitress from time to time,they did not feel as much as prostitutes as their counterparts in BG7.

Ahh, now that would explain it.

Always thought the Bus Stop could have done much better attracting customers, set back from the street it was all too easy to walk past and not notice it, despite the 'airlines girls'.

I was there one afternoon during a huge downpour watching international rugby and that dodgy satellite connection all but karked it! Poor sod who had to get up on the roof to fix it came back looking like Songkran had come early....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You obviously didnt read my post from before. all girls could be barfined and yes that included the underage ones, thats the point of my post. it had to be done in a discreet way with a special arrangement between the owner and the customer so as to not attract attention but it was offered to me through a girl that worked there so it obviously could be done.

I am amazed at the disinformation contained in this thread.

I have visited the Bus Stop at least twice a week for at least 80 out of the past 104 weeks.

Here is the story as I know it:

1) The girls in Malaysian Airline uniforms are greeters - period. They may be of any age. It is certainay possible that an "underage" girl may be employed in that spot. But not all of the greeters are that young. The greeters are generally not free to walk off the job with a "customer."

2) The place may not discourage freelancers, but all of the "regular" girls at the Bus Stop are conventional employees - and they number well more than 50. They have salaries, they sign-in and out in a book (no time card machine), and they get docked for being late, or absent. There is a "morning shift", and an "evening shift" - shift change is 5:30 pm. They get a cut of lady drinks - paid to them daily. Interestingly, they only get paid if the drink is non-alcoholic. If you buy them an alcoholic drink, they get nothing. I know at least ten of the girls who have worked there steadily for at least two years.

3) The structure being built on top of the old Bus Stop "building" will be a new, multi-story, indoor Bus Stop. The Robin Hood building is being built on the adjacent site, closer to Sukhumvit.

4) The illuminated Electric Bus Stop sign and the uniformed greeters were absent for either two or three days - total. If the greeters were missing at any point, it was because of shift change, or toilet break - or whatever - but the missing greeters were never gone for more than a few minutes.

5) The girls are "bar-fineable" - but it is entirely their choice. I don't know about the night-time ladies - who seem to be "hotter to trot" - but the daytime staff is not penalized for too few "offs", or any of that. And I know of at least one night-time lady who goes months between "offs" - by her own choice.

6) The general rule is: no badgering customers for drinks. A stranger showing up will be handed a menu board, and asked what he wants. He will be served without being solicited for anything. The person serving you generally wants to be invited to join you - but will not overtly say so. If you invite a lady to join you for a drink, great. The girl is not supposed to ask you for another drink, or directly solicit you to barfine her.

Most of the comments on this thread that conflict with the above are basically crap. Things may have been different three or more years ago - but things have been fairly stable since late 2003.

Cheers!

The Fighting Fish

Well the girl who worked there must have been pulling my leg but I can't see any reason for her to do that. They wouldn't advertise this service overtly either so I wouldn't be surprised if not many people know about it.

I was going in there regularly but showed no interest in any of the girls so maybe thats why she mentioned that information to me, who knows.

We had been talking for about an hour and a half and her english was quite good. we discussed many intimate things perhaps thats why she trusted me with that information.

BTW i dont talk crap, maybe she does but as i say i cant see any reason why she would. Be careful thinking you are the foremost authority on anything after all its Thailand we're talking about and it doesnt take long to realise that anything is possible there.

Girls that work at these bars don't seem to always know what the deal is either. Maybe it's a Thai thing. They only know what they have to or when they need to know they ask someone else who may no know what they are talking about.

The only real story is when it comes from the owner/manager and maybe he's too drunk to get his facts straight at the time or doesn't even know. Maybe he just makes the rules as he goes along.

TIT!

And I generally agree with some of the others that BusStop kinda sucks. Just my opinion and that is why there are so many choices around.

The waitrees girls make 3,500 baht salary per month - and must "inspire" 60 lady drinks per month to avoid having that salary cut. They evidently get 30 baht per drink - amounting to 1,800 baht extra income if they make quota - for a whopping total of 5,300 baht.

The uniformed greeters out front get a bit more base salary, but rarely any drink income - with no drink quota.

The Thai food at Bus Stop is absurdly bad - and bland. Most of the farang food is pretty much to be "passed" on as well. I go there every week for roast lamb (Saturday and Sunday only) . The only other things I will order again there are: pork chop, spaghetti Bologn aise, and the beef stew (which is 30% potatos). But - on the bright side - their cleanliness standards are good - I've never gotten "the runs" from anything there.

Although you have much less visibility into the whole layout now, I kind of like the new set-up. But - the thing that is devasatingly problematic right now is the construction noise - it can be horrible.

The daytime girls there are - in my opinion - some of the "nicest" girls in the bargirl business in Bangkok. Rarely any top-shelf stunners, or any dripping sexpots. But - they are some of the best "chit-chat" girls out there - when you just want to relax and talk to a pretty girl - without being hassled, or pressured to buy them anything (although they will ask you if you want another, anytime you finish your drink).

On several occasions, I have sat down, ordered a drink, and invited a girl (usually whoever served me) to join me for a drink. Time proceeds, we chit chat. The girls generally do not "down their drinks" - the drinks just sit there. I go through one drink, two drinks, three drinks. The girls never finish their drinks, and never ask for another drink. With several different ladies - maybe five different ones - I have experimented with how far this would go - 90 minutes, two hours, shift change and beyond. Not even ONE girl has EVER asked for another drink - or wandered off - even after her own shift change. I do not in any way think that it has anything to do with me personally - this is simply the courtesy rule at that bar. Which is why I give them my business. It is probably the most polite beer bar in Bangkok.

And - I always tipped my "experimentation subjects" at least 100 baht for their time - my goal was not to stiff them, it was just to see if I could "make the Buckingham Palace Guard" break form.

Cheers!

Stone Soup

Archived