whats a fair price?

jack_schist

A friend is travelling to BKK his teenager for a bit of a holiday for them both with some sightseeing and hopefully a little bit of descrete female company for dad if gets a chance. An ex-bg friend who is known and trusted by the dad has been asked to take the lass on a bit of a sight seeing tour of bkk. Ex-bg has agreed to take on the task of tour-guide/guardian in full knowledge that the old fella can get a bit of slap and tickle time.

My question is what is a reasonable amount to pay a bg to act as a tourguide/guardian for the day keeping in mind the importance of having someone trustworthy/reliable with very good english speaking skills? excluding expenses and out of pocket costs for the TBG.

pattaya127 said:

I have a feeling she, the BG, would be happy to do it, and not expect to be paid.

I am sure she would under different circumstances but as the bg is at university and not working then i guess some payment would be appropriate and was intimated when the proposal was initiated, so i guess some payment for study time lost is fair. Also bearing in mind that the BG is making her first tentative steps at trying to earn an honest living out of the bar.

ok guys thanks for your input, i had in my mind the 1k figure being reasonable given the level of responsibility involved. I just didn't want to get into the same situation i was in a few years ago when i arranged something similar and the Guy paid the girl 500 from which she had to pay all expenses herself including, travel across to to meet them, lunch, drinks icecream etc as well as skytrain, ferry fares and a taxi fare at the end to get the tired and hot kid back home in the late afternoon. Girl ended up with the grand sum of about 130bht for her trouble. When this fact was brought up later the guy's irritated response was that she would have got the same money for working in a factory for the day so basically tough shit. I remember the girl telling me later "your friend is kee neow mak mak" which i guess can be translated as "he's a tight c#nt". I can't say that i disagreed with her unfortunately.

dog and others,

in my book a good deal is when everyone comes away happy. sure someone got payed more than the norm but then again they were known and trusted people taking care of someones dear and near. The BG in that instance was an ex clinton girl who basically got shat upon from a great height by someone who really should have known better (but who also proportedly was a close friend of her sponser). she knew that. We knew that. But the guy in question decided to shit on her regarldess.

please forgive my brashness but sooner or latter someone has ton stan

d up and say. sorry but i don't put up with that shit. and this is one such case

Archived