Dutch gangster killed in Thailand

elef

Published on Nov 02 , 2005

BANGKOK - Reputed Dutch gangster Jonh Mieremet was gunned down Wednesday near Thailand's seaside resort town of Pattaya, officials said.

"I can confirm that he has been murdered today and we have sent two people from the embassy to Pattaya to look into this matter," Dutch ambassador Peter Marres told AFP.

Mieremet was killed around 10 am (0300 GMT) at his home in the Singtopark neighborhood of Banglamung district outside Pattaya, about 70 kilometres (45 miles) southeast of Bangkok, police Colonel Chakarin Thuasuparp told AFP.

He was pronounced dead at hospital, Chakarin said.

Mieremet was considered one of the Netherlands' most notorious criminals, and operated with his partner Sam Klepper, who was killed in 2000.

Together, they had been known as "Spic 'n' Span", after an American brand of cleaning powder./Agence France Presse

The Nation

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dunno... what are the buggers doing?? They're a total eyesore when they come downtown... never enough of a gettho IMO and I'm as likely to have a look in those suburbs than take a bycicle trip to Buriram. Even less actually. Downtown is much safer - still one of my neighbours was robbed at gunpoint upon entering his office last week and several more guys I know were jumped either by gangsters or custom officers over the last few weeks. Another shame those customs guys...state sponsored criminals...

elef said:

Published on Nov 02 , 2005

BANGKOK - Reputed Dutch gangster Jonh Mieremet was gunned down Wednesday near Thailand's seaside resort town of Pattaya, officials said.

"I can confirm that he has been murdered today and we have sent two people from the embassy to Pattaya to look into this matter," Dutch ambassador Peter Marres told AFP.

Mieremet was killed around 10 am (0300 GMT) at his home in the Singtopark neighborhood of Banglamung district outside Pattaya, about 70 kilometres (45 miles) southeast of Bangkok, police Colonel Chakarin Thuasuparp told AFP.

He was pronounced dead at hospital, Chakarin said.

Mieremet was considered one of the Netherlands' most notorious criminals, and operated with his partner Sam Klepper, who was killed in 2000.

Together, they had been known as "Spic 'n' Span", after an American brand of cleaning powder./Agence France Presse

The Nation

Do note that his laywer was murdered last monday as well, in Amsterdam..... som nam na I guess....

BB

Archived