My gold lost weight

iuytrede

On the second day of the month, gf decided to buy gold from her salary. She kept 2000 B for daily expenses, asked whether that would be enough for the month she smiled: "No, but I have a boyfriend!"

She went to a gold shop in the most disreputable neighbourhood she could find and wanted to trade in her 25 satang necklace for a 50 satang one. They told her that her necklace was less than 25 satang, the reason being that it was already 2 or 3 years old, so it had lost weight. She studies at a Thai university, but chemistry is not her strong point. She ended up paying 3500 Baht instead of maybe 2300 for her additional 25 satang.

Asked why she didn't try another shop she told me she wanted to buy the gold on that day. And anyway, she honestly believed what they told her.

I wanna lose weight too, but somehow just waiting 2 or 3 years doesn't do the trick for me, I am getting fatter and fatter :(

next few months you should try changing the diet slightly & perhaps the 50satang gold could turn into diamonds

ohh for your self try cutting seriously down on the curries & booze favouring instead the vegetable'n'blood noodle soups (without adding sugar) & diet mineral waters ;)

"If your serious about it then you can carry a 1 gram weight with you to verify the scale."

Good idea.

and of course, being thais they willl readily admit they ( or their scale) made a mistake

I bought a scale in Thailand. Before I left the shop, I also bought some calibration weights and was surprised that not jus my scale, but it appeared all of the scales in th shop were off. I can not remember if it was a buyers scale or a sellers scale, but both types of scales do exist. A trick you can use to see if the scale is off is to weigh a ring you own. Without causing alarm, put your ring on the scale and you can see for yourself how far off the scale is.

All the gold I bought in Yaowarat over the years, has always stayed the same weight...in other words, if my 3 bhat chain was 45.48 grams there, it was the same 45.48 grams in the USA...pays to deal with reputable shops...

In generel, you get killed buying and selling/trading in smaller weights Maybe next time, you can tempt her to Yaowarat with the promise of lunch and a day walking around...:)

Just give it to a TG and watch it go down to nothing.,.....What is the buyh back these days....60% with in 7 days??? My Darling must wear the gold I bought her or I will not allow her to pay me for sex! :)

Archived