are you a sucker if you have a thai girl?

belfastish

[color:"blue"] I think there must be a market for a T-Shirt for all this

Sounds 100% like a woman thing to me, rather than anything Thai

[/color]

It IS a woman's thing period, IMO.

I have not been in the environment most of you men have. I have seen many Thai females who respect thier husbands, and saw a few who do not. I used to generalize that it depends on a background but I think it is more than that. A few women, allow me to be specific, 6 of them in this case. 4 is from BG background, 2 really appreciate their husbands, another 2 said it very clearly that the relationship is for their opportunities and future, they would leave (actually are looking for new men) OH are you there? ::

The worst case is one of them with a MS from here who is 31 years old, no respect for her husband whatsoever. She thinks he is below her on social class, education and so on, the 4 year old marriage is on the blink. The last of the 2 is older with a BS from Thailand who adores her husband, think that he is a gift to her life. :D

I respect my husband a lot and he respects me. We had very successful careers in the same company. He is the gift of my life and we hope to spend our golden years in health and love.

I must admit though that I never saw so many Thais who do not respect their "farang" husbands as I have seen in Germany, that country is full of Thai women who came from "God knows where". :: IMO, of course.

Jasmine

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Batty,

Half the time she is sweet, fuuny, caring and we have a laugh together. The other half she is the queen of moods, for fuck all reason, and it drags me down cos i have done bugger all wrong to initiate such terrible moodies!

Have you ever tried to find out what causes her mood swings?

I mean, you might be able to help her (and yourself) by considerably decreasing her moodiness. I doubt most of us could live with a girl which behaves half the time and misbehaves the other.

As you said, drags you down as well, not to mention the stress, headache and what not it causes you.

Find the source and try to solve whatever is bugging her.

Could be lots of reasons. Might be easy and might not. At least you can't say you didn't give it a serious go.

Quote ''Sounds 100% like a woman thing to me, rather than anything Thai ''

It is David/Jasmine, however between a moody thai and moody felang, the thai would usualy be swinging for the fence in my experience? Christ, when a thai throws a mood you dont half know about it. Nuclear fallout. Bless'em.

Zaad, i have just about tried everything to get her 'up' when she is down. Tried playing the fool to make her laugh, sitting down and talking in a serious fashion to try and help, moved house twice to areas she prefers, and when the last house was a little far from her work (and dark at night) i hired her a car to make her feel safer. She misses her fammily/friends/whatever so i take her on holiday, she got bored of her shop so i spent a week renovating it with my bare hands and put in a sodding tv/music system to ease the boredom... the list goes on, honest. Tried getting her pissed and 'avin it', tried taking her to up market respectable resteraunts. Tried the lot. And dont get me wrong, as i feel i am being a little harsh on her now, becasue as i said she is not allways in a mood and she is a great girl (otherwise i would be with her), but half the time is a bloody huge mental strain, i tell you. Having said all this, its been a full week since she has thrown one, must be a record! Moving out here to BKK seems to have helped quite a lot. I think she had a few problems back home that she didnt tell me about which contributed to the moods. Now we are away from that it seems to have chilled her a bit.

I reckon if your going to have a go at something, you should give it your all like, y'know?

Batty,

I take it that she has no idea herself what causes her moodiness other than getting bored very easily. And perhaps her problems back home as you stated.

Try to get her to lay all cards open on the table so you can help her to solve (or live) with them.

It seems she uses you to blow off some hot steam but you don't deserve that nor should you be that person.

IME Thai girls love to keep their problems inside and worry themselves to death. Only problem is that they have no idea others (their loved ones) go down with them, others suffer just as much.

My girl used to be the same, made be frikkin' crazy DAMN, but things have changed for the better.

Everytime she's got a problem, whatever it may be, we discuss it, find options or set goals, we make decisions together and take it step by step.

You're a team and you either successfully tackle the problem or go down together :)

As long as there's communication, there's a chance of ridding the unwanted issues in a peaceful manner.

IMHO if your girl doesn't open up in such times you'll be awaiting a lot of future headaches and more...

We all have a different tolerance level and we all have a limit, even you (and I). It's up to you NOT to let her reach it.

Sounds like you have been in a simmilar situation Zaad... Im sorry to say that this is simply just going to come with the territory in this relationship. I either get used to it, or get fed up with it. Sooner or later it will probably go 'tits up' between us so i probably shouldnt worry too much. Cheers! Batty.

Nothing to complain about at the moment, but needless to say this hasn't always been the case.

We both worked a lot to save this relationship and unless both people put serious effort into it there's no chance of having a longlasting AND enjoyable relationship.

Cheers.

Archived