Passports within 6 months

asiafun

Maybe -- I have had some friends have issues both at the immigration counter and at the airport checking in (the airline refused him boarding). Best to just get a new one.

If you are a Yank, I (and several other board members) just did our renewals here. Painless and less than two weeks to get the new one. See this thread for details. If not a Yank, do a search in this section or call your embassy where you are now and ask how long.

Cheers,

SD

Hi,

Don't know about the Thai end, but from my knowledge the problems will happen at the point of departure.

My understanding (in Oz) is that you cannot leave the Country if you have less than 6 months remaining on your current Passport.

May be different Country by Country, best you check with either your Travel Agent at point of departure or your relevant Embassy to clarify. Good Luck

Should be no problem to get it in less than a month. If you were 18 years old or older when your passport was issued and you are really anxious, you can express mail (or whatever they call it in Japan) you passport to the states and pay an expidite fee and they will turn it aroudn in a couple of days.

I did this once while in the U.S., Its a little expensive, but if you are like me and tend to hyperventillate when your passport is out of your reach, its worth it for the peace of mind.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/renew/renew_833.html

Archived