Best Riverside Restaurant

Av8r

I will be in Bkk with family in February, and I was wondering which of the Chao Praya Riverside restaurants had the best view and food for the money.

I found a great link for the Riverside retaurants on this site, but there were so many, I thought some of you might have some advice on which one to try.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the most upmarket or expensive, but I've found the Yok Yor Marina to be a good night out.

Last time I was there, the customer base was probably more Thai than falang.

Food is good, live Thai band and they have a ferry service that crosses the river, to get you there. (leaves from down near the Sheraton)

Very friendly staff, casual atmosphere and a lot of fun.

Having said this, I now realise it's a few years since I have actually been there, so someone may be able to give an update.

You can sit out side at Yuk Yor, not that great of a sunset...as I recall, ate there last year, it was o.k. Not too expensive as I recall...

I seem to recall the Oriental and a few other big hotels having nice places outside...I am guessing very very very expensive...

Dairy Queen way up the river is great, its in Nonthaburi!

In Bangkok opposite the Palace is a restaurant that has it's own fleet of antique gentleman boats! Very very cool as after lunch they take you back across the river for free in one of them!

Riverside House I think is the name, they also own the river boat franchise, all those "public" boats are theirs

DOG

Guest lazyphil

'The Plough' at Pakkret is very nice, not on the chao praya river but on a tributree of it.....child friendly too with climbing frames etc...on stilts too!

Archived