You know whats a bitch????

ChristianTroy said:

The money will always be an issue, no matter if she is loving you to death, if there is no money to pull from this relationship she gotta move on! Even when you offer her a nice house, a car and a packed fridge there are still the hungry mouthes in Issan to feed. Someone gotta take care of that and in the most cases it is the man without a name because they call him the Falang Husband!

But you mention 20k/month for the family in previous post, that might be way over the top?

In my case the gf thinks she did more than enough for her parents: worked from age 12 onwards to pay land, buffallo, house, waterpump, rice land. Three other sisters participate(d) She did not have a life for her own and realises she has one now. Last time we went up there they had a new-second hand tv and a sofa set paid by a sister working in Bangkok selling drinks from a cart, sleeping in a windowless room and getting up at 5am to do her business.

She does send money from time to time reluctantly (it's my money and she is embarassed) the frequency is every 3 months, the amount 2 or 3k. I can live with that, no way would it be acceptable to send 10k/month or more. She would have to find an other farang :shhh:

But it is correct they can not live decently on rice farming alone.

edit: CT, I did not read your explanation on the 9 member family to support and how you plan to circumvene this problem, but as you mentionned they are farmers, they should be partially self-supporting and that debt was paid of you mentionned? 20k/month still seems over the top.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CT

Interesting quandry.

Gotta add a coupla points.

9 heads may not be in the girls situation but they can chip in a little like plant and harvest their staple food, rice. catch fish, frogs and all the tasty things that Thais like.

You don't have to give them your house or TVs. You can tart up their house a bit though. Running water, bathroom, kitchen and add a few luxury items like a fridge, TV, karaoke etc.

Of course a lady likes your, my, our money. After all, my money will be around me for all of my life. i know how to take care of it. However, a girls looks and figure have a shelf life. gotta get it while you can.

Relationships can be tough. Farangland and Thailnd attitudes are nearly all 180 degrees different.

Good luck Ct et al.

What is this preoccupation with how much money to provide to support an Asian wife and her family. How can 20K per month be to much. It seems so many want to pay bargin basement prices for a beautiful, loving, caring, repectful wife or girl friend. That type of an attitude would never fly in the west. You get what you pay for.

Power and money attract. It is human nature. It's the same in the west as in Asia. How many times has one been sitting in a bar in their own country and made the comment about an attractive young woman; "if I were rich she would like me"? Many people do some really stupid things in their own country to get a woman. Why should the approach be different in Asia? Why is the expectation of the women in Asia so much higher? Why must an asian woman's motives so altrustic?

Why would one be expected to provide less to their family in LOS than they would in the west?

I have a great relationship with my wife, her family and her very large extended family. And I do not think that is difficult to achieve with most women here. She has never asked me for anything nor has her family. I give her money and pay the rent on her mom's house. It takes some understanding of the unique cultural difference and you treat people with respect and not like you are better than they are.

My wife's cousin just married a foriegner. He acts like a typical type of guy you see hanging out in the bars of Pattaya. He shows very little respect for the family and walks around her parents house like he owns the place. He will even chastise some of the smaller kids of the family. This was after he had been here only 3 days. They treat him totally different than they do me.

If you give respect you will get respect in return. If one acts towards a girl or her family the way I have seen many guys act in the bars then you will be treated more as a customer. And in my humble opinion if one acts that way and you get taken to the cleaners it's would be your fault and you deserve it.

Again, If you approach a relationship in LOS the way you would in the west your chances for success will go way up.

I'd say to anyone here, if you are afraid of RS with TGs, and rely on what others say to guide you in making decisions vis-a-vis the TG in your life, you have a problem indeed. Especially as the number of litanies, jokes and stereotypes on a board like ours, outweigh real infos from living with a TG/wife by 50/1, at the very least.

second, there are a lot of educated, decent thai women in Thailand. Guys interested in couple/family life, and not embroiled in a RS with a BG or venal GTG already, should make the effort to meet such women. You may have to suspend some of your whoring to give it time, but if you know what you want in life, IMO, that is not too hard to do.

To MNvinaz, the happy stories between a decent honest thai woman and a farang (though I/we know a few) will not be read here, and neither heard in many thai settings where one does not make the effort to quit the farang bottom line of living in Thailand. Which always seems to butt them against lower income (not a sin, but why shoot for that) thais and the type that look for farangs because "they have money". Those who know thais outside of that strata have certainly not volunteered much info about thais living a decent life.

Thalenoi:

20k might be over the top for a simple food support, not to change their envoirement, note: i have never said I am going to pay 20k/month to them. I said we will do it together how ever the percantages may be splittet!

Edge:

You misunderstood, i don't give them my house nor I intend to buy them one. I said my girlfriend will live with me in a nice house with a packed fridge!

rmorris22:

Yeah 20k is not too much, at least not to me and you cannot measure life in amounts of money. But i know Thalenois story and he knows for sure what he is doing. IMO he is doing the right thing and he has a good girl on his side!

Respect is the key in every kind of relationship. Parents, friends, girlfriends, Inlaws etc... I think I am very respectful person, at least do the mothers in law cry more than my ex-girlfriends when i ended a relationship :) I just hope my Tilacs Family knows that RESPECT stuff too, I did quite a major gesture to them and to my girlfriends son, now they have to proof to me that they don't use me as a golden well.

-----------

All i can say is that staying in alarm mode can not be wrong, at least not in a new relationship. My girlfriend deserves my trust, my attention and my love, but her family might shove her into a situation she doesn't want to be! That is all i want to say right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived