Twilo. Patpong and a night I want to forget

SingaporeSteve

Very rare for me but I was in BKK on Friday night and during a pleasurable evening at Soi Cowboy, got a call from an old friend who interned for me for a couple of months in the summer at my business outside Pattaya. She knew I was in town and wanted to meet up with me at some place called Twilo in Patpong. I am not really a Patpong fan, in fact I cant recall ever going there when I was sober and always seemed to regret it the next morning. This was going to be a continuation of previous bad past experience....

By the time I left Sheba's I must have been pissed as every girl dancing seemed to have huge mellons, which in hindsight must have been beer vision, but in a semi-comatosed state, I made my way to Patpong. Now please dont ask me for directions to this place - I have no real clue how I got there other than a taxi dropped me off in Silom Road and I struggled around streets, asking people where Twilo's is.

Eventually my friend came out and managed to find me - now she is a supposed high so Thai, who has one serious drink problem - I thought I was pissed but she could hardly walk and this was at 1am. So together we struggled back to this place which from a vague recollection seemed like some kind of disco bar - Hopefully someone can help me out with a more graphic description.

Upon arrival, met her friends, all of whom were pissed as farts and one was balling her eyes out after her boyfriend had dumped her that night. I made the mistake of falling onto the bar stool next to her (probably because standing was too hard without the room revolving around me). Within two minutes of her telling me how much she loved this guy she was tasting my tonsils with a ferocious velocity that meant I actually fell of the bar stool and into a heap on the floor after pulling down another couple of Thai's next to me - OK, luckily managed to regain the upper hand, humble appologies, smiles all round and smoothed everything over there. So the night progressed until 3am, when we went into some kind of anti-room of the disco - again still serving beer and whatever else you wanted where we sat down on a big leatherette sofa and one of the girls carefully managed to avoid smashing a glass table as she missed the sofa and ended up on the floor.

Oh my god I thought -what is going to happen next - well there is more. Then my supposedly hi so friend with a drink problem starts slagging off this guy in English standing in front of us, using grammer I would be afraid to use calling him something along the lines of a F******g W****r, B*****d, English teacher, sex tourist and many more nasty terms. AFter about an hour of this going on and calming down many potential situations and now the mate declaring her undying love for me, I knew it was time to go.... Only thing is these two wanted to come with me - "what about your mates I ask?" - "F**k them" says the Hi-so !!!!! they can make their own way home.

So outside they jump into my taxi after crawling along the street and back to the Jasmine suites we go on SOi 23 - now I had only checked into this place that evening and I thought it was a pretty good place. Well end result is that they both end up in my room one puking up in the toilet and the other watching MTV sprawled on the floor where we left her after she struggled into the room. I managed to get into the bedroom (its a suite room) and said, goodnight I am going to sleep, you can sleep wherever you want. Within 10 minutes the puker, decides she wants to sleep with me on the bed after having drowned a bottle of mouthwash luckily. By this time, I really was not interested in any gymnastics and just wanted them to get out of here and go. So I pretend to be asleep. Within 5 minutes the door bursts open in comes Hi-so with pukers phone which is ringing - its your boyfriend she says. Puker chats to him in English for two minutes declares her underying love and then after finishing announces she is going to see him to her friend. Her friend is by this time sitting on the end of the bed and I am still pretending to be asleep. Hi-so says she wants to go too, so both of them get up to leave and of course Hi-so who is still plastered, trips over the end of the duvet onto the floor and lands with a massive thud. I would hate to see how she looked the next day but she must have been in one hell of a bad way :(.

So, by this time its about 5am and I set my alarm for 10am and sleep. Wake up at 10am turn off the alarm and turn over for another couple of minutes. at 3pm, call from reception asking what time am I planning on checking out and did I now that the door was open to my room ::

after showering and getting vertigo looking out of the window while in the shower, I check out to the smiling receptionists and stagger down to Soi Cowboy for some food and on the way drop my bags of at my car. So feeling like shit, I order diet coke and a alcohol soaking burger at the Dutch place on the corner of Cowboy and Soi 23. While sat there, see a regular girl from Long Gun who at first is surprised to see me - what you doing here steve - why you not stay Chonburi - and why you not come see me last night :: - mumble something about dinner with clients and ending up in Patpong and she eventually walks off with her grilled fish and rice. I manage to drive home on auto pilot, luckily not hitting anyone or anything and nursed a sore head for the entire weekend.

So upshot of the story is: What is this Twilo place, it seemed pretty good from what I remember & where in Patpong is it?

Cheers

I've been to Twilo a couple of times and had a blast! Probably cause I was blitzed out of my mind, but I did notice that there were a lot of lookers there towards the end of the evening. Too bad I was with a BG both times; would have liked to browse around there some more! :)

They had some mediocre bands playing there, but the company and the booze was good!

monkey39

Archived