CNN or BBC News?

MooNoi

Guest lazyphil

I'll have a word with your 'key' careworker, have him teach you how to use the VCR timer for those out of hours tv programes :)

have rayong city council fixed those dodgy pavements that councils globerlly place to specially make it hard for incontecarts mmmgggrr

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

given a choice it would be the BBC because i have grown up with it.

as others have said i just find that CNN are just interested in what's happened 20 Miles down the Road.

i normally have the Telly on for background noise and i only really watch the News,Sports and i do love some of the Documentaries on the Cable Channels.

there are some real Diamonds out there.

ALHOLK said:

Hi!

What I have seen is the BBC world and one would think from watching that drivel is that the whole world was from India.

The same thing could be said about CNN. If it is not in the US or no Americans are involved it doesn't exist. E.g. if 50000 people are killed in a flood in Bangladesh and a yank is killed in Mexico on the same day, CNN will only mention Mexico. Moreover CNN never has an in depth analasyis while BBC often does.

regards

ALHOLK

The BBC will still cover only the stories that their employees, with their particularly cosy consensus world view, want to cover. For instance if you only watched the BBC, you'd have never heard about any UN food-for-oil corruption scandals involving Kofi Annan's son. Of course, if the same thing happened with a US organisation and George Bush's son...

When I went back to the States to work for a few years, I was shocked at the lack of world coverage in the newspapers. The local high school football game would make the front page, as would a traffic accident with a couple of people injured. What world news there was would be somewhere on page three or four. (And everyone knows that's where pics of naked ladies are supposed to be. :) )

Archived