World Cup 2006 in Germany

limbo

Yo Limbo,

What are you thoughts about the Salomon Kalou case?

Would you like to see him obtain Dutch nationality and see him in the Dutch squad for the WC matches in Germany?

For those who don't know the situation; Salomon Kalou (key player at the Dutch Feyenoord -20y- asked for Dutch nationality in order to be available to represents the Dutchies in Germany in 2006. He's originally form Ivory Coast but is still eligible to play for other nations since he has zero games played for his home country thus far. He wants to speed up the process and has even got the help of Dutch manager Marco van Basten himself.

I doubt it'll be of any help though since I think it's unfair that one's job would make any difference to the application of such document. Not relevent but I may be wrong.

I personally think it'd be a great addition to the squad. Very talented and a great goalscorer as well along with his buddy Kuyt (they form a feared striking couple together). Since he's relatively unknown in Europe (world) he could be regarded as the Dutchies' secret weapon :D

Anyway, we'll see how and when the soapie regarding this man ends.

I'll keep those interested informed.

Thoughts Limbo?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct Sayjann.

Especially that fucker Figo got furious and tried to cause riot within the team. But luckily things got sorted quickly before the squad fell apart.

He was 'accepted' by the majority and I agree that he would be (and is) a great addition to the team.

i remember Deco's first Game for Portugal.

came off the bench and scored the winner against Brasil.......how ironic.

Limbo.

you Mainland Europeaners are too soft.

here in England we only pick good old English born and bred.

but Cudicini at Chelsea is either allowed to play for England or it will not be soon before he is eligable because of his residency here.

i remember in the early 80's when the runner Zola Budd had her British Citizenship fast-tracked so that she could run for England in the 1984 Olympic Games.

such an uproar and it eventually ended in ruins.

ran against her once in a 5 Mile race,needless to say she beat me.......

what a shock,Sayjann was not of Olympic standard.......... :doah:

he has a British Passport...............

but there have been a few examples of Players plying for another Country in circumstances which were decreed by FIFA.

Vinnie Jones Playing for Wales because his Great,Great,Great Grandmother once sold a muffin to a Welshman on Holiday in 1858.

Cascarino playing for the ROI because of Relatives way back in the past.

Lennox Lewis was born in the UK but not his fault he was taken to Canada as a Child.

but he won Olympic Gold representing Canada but when he turned Pro he decided that he was English.

a Player whose Name escapes me who was spirited into either the National Team of Wales or NI and admitted the first time he had ever visited the Country was when he turned out for the Game.

and the big urban myth about Ryan Giggs.

People think that because he played for England Schoolboys he turned his back on England when he opted for Wales........utter shite.

you can play for the Country where you go to School no matter where you born.

even though i was born in England i could ahve played Football for Mongolia if that was where i was at School.

England are going to win the world cup. Yes, I'm English, and no I'm not a hooligan, let me tell you, England are going to win it. Every time we are in a major torno, most of my buddies back home are allways convinced we are going to win, and I'm usualy the realist who thinks we wont.... this time, I'm convinced. We have, I believe, the best midfield in the world. We have one of the best strikers and fluent passers in the world (Rooney. And by next summer, he will be unstopable), we have a stallwart defence and let me just say, every single playert in that team would walk into ANY domestic side in the world.

I reckon we would have won Euro 2004 if Rooney hadnt of broke his toe.

Looking at the bookies, we are joint third favourates behind Brazil 3/1, Argentina 6/1, joint with Germany at 6/1.

Brazil are allways in contention of course... but they have a genuine fear of our English side... the Brazilian team of WC 2002 said that the English game was the hardest they played, and the one they actualy had genuine nerves about playing. Now, we are far better.

The Argentinians feel the same... we beat them in the WC 2002 and in the recent friendly played with true class in our win against them.

The Germans i reckon are crap. They have a manager who believes in atacking at any sacrafice... sure they score a few, but seen how many they have let in? And they are old. Very old.

That dosent leave anything for us to worry about, in my opinion.

By the way, why are we English allways considered as hooligans Limbo? The Germans, Dutch and French are not as bad? Its such a small percentage of people who go wild at the football... most nations would say we are a cracking bunch of people to have a beer with before the game!

''Looking at the bookies, we are joint third favourates behind Brazil 3/1, Argentina 6/1, joint with Germany at 6/1.''

My appologies.. England are indeed 6/1 but are joint SECOND favourates with Argentina. Germany are 3rd at 8/1

Batty

Archived