World Cup 2006 in Germany

limbo

liquidflux said:

Interesting that you think the USA will beat the Czechs. Personally I think they will make a meal of us, and I have them slotted as my dark horse pick to make the final against Brazil.

What's this? Another footie loving yank? Good to have some company.

Have faith. They were good a couple years ago but are struggling. They had to win their playoff match and needed Nedved to come out of retirement. They have good players going forward still but I still think they are suspect at the back. We'll run 'em ragged. Ghana will match us in work rate but its their first time and we have experience in the competition. Italy will be a draw. I honestly see 2 wins and a draw or at worse 1 win, 2 draws. Which may be enough.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'What's this? Another footie loving yank? Good to have some company'

and a Yank who entered my WC Competition,unlike your good self..........

afraid of winning and having me buy you a crate of Beer?,and did you ever accept the challenge that Zaad and Myself thought of?.

Haha....I think we have a great team, in fact probably the best we've fielded for a WC. The players are feeling good about their chances, maybe a bit too good based on some of the comments I've read. Having a self-righteous arse of a coach probably doesn't help in that regard. Hopefully they can put that confidence to good use and not have it come back and bite them in the ass like it's done to other countries.

I think the main problem with our national team, and USA football in general, is the lack any real international exposure. Other than Mexico, they never play decent calibre squads on a regular competitive basis. If they were to do so I think we'd have a much improved and better prepared team.

what you say makes sense.

Teams like Australia and Trinidad and Tobago have most of their Squads playing in Europe.

they are used to playing in the European Environment and might surprise People.

the Aussies have done well lately by playing Friendlies at European grounds instead of making the Players make the long trip back to Oz.

i have to agree that the USA do not have the hardest job to qualify for a World Cup.

the opposition is not that brilliant but the same can be said about the Aussies.

but at least the Aussies have to go into a Play-Off against another Team.

Trinidad might have come 4th in CONCACAF but they also had to win a Play-Off.

the European Qualification Groups can be tough and it means some Nations (including England) do not get to the WC every 4 Years.

England lost 1 Game in their Group but some People thought of it as a disaster,i don't think so.

it would be interesting to see what happen if Teams like the USA were put into Qualifying Groups which might include the cream of Europe.

i wonder if they would Qualify playing good Teams instead of Minor Island Nations who struggle to find 20 Players to make a Team.

Archived