World Cup 2006 in Germany

limbo

Batty,

The English have the reputation for being holligans, well documented as well.

During in France 98 and Euro 2000 it showed that other countries have sliced off a piece of that cake as well, Germany comes to mind.

Funny that you mention the Dutch, but during tournaments it's either the Dutch or the Danish that win the best fan prizes, whatever that means.

I'm well aware of the fact that Holland has hooligans but it's not in the same league as the English. Strangely enough, during tournaments the 'bad and ugly' Dutch seem to have a low profile (and I know they're out there!).

Have a look at Samui, whenever there's trouble or fights, 9 out of 10 times English are involved.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, yes... I'm in agreement about the general majority of footy hooligans (or at least the most dominant/prevalent) are indeed English...It just puzzles me though that many people take the footy hooligan thing and apply it to other contexts. I have come accross this loads of times latley, otherwise i wouldnt have bothered bringing it up. We have some great fans also though, thats the point I am making, JMHO!

Yep, the Dutch are great fans by and large. The Scotish and Irish are the best international fans in my opinion - great crack wherever they are, whoever they are with.

Anyway, i cant wait for the torno to begin. Counting down the days allready. There are some great early bets to be had...Frank Lampard 50/1 for leading overall scorer! Obviously you have to fancy Van Nistlelroy/ronaldo/crespo but 50/1 for a prolific goal scorer and top penalty taker? Gotta be worth 1000B that one.

I cant get this sodding spell check to work, as you can gather

ok let the english win his time at least it might damper the hooligans a bit :beer:

anyways the danish wont be there time (unless of course some weird war break out whatever meaning we can replace some country LOL) so not much great fan support from there nor competition for the english team ;)

the Hooligan question is very strange.

england have the reputation of being nasty abroad whenever they go to a Major Tournament but not a lot happens in the Domestic Game these Days.

unlike 30 Years ago when the problem was very bad on a Saturday Afternoon.

whereas the Dutch are the opposite.

very peaceful at Tournaments but in the past few Years there have been some very violent confrontatioons in the Domestic Game.

am i right in thinking Ajax and PSV Games has resulted in Deaths after prearranged Meetings before Games?.

what pisses me off is the reaction from the Liberal bleeding hearts here in the UK.

our Guys go on the rampage and then when the Police go in and beat the fuck out of them (and so they should) or People are sentenced to Prison these do-gooders complain and say the poor English 'Fan' is being harshly treated and his Human Rights infringed...........what a load of BOLLOCKS.

if anyone goes abroad and causes mayhem they should accept the punishment.

BTW Limbo.

stop taking naughty Pix of my Girl or i will fly to Samui and you will see an English Hooligan in action......... :shakehead

Sayjann,

Yes indeed, there where big problems a few years ago. It was during a pre arranged Ajax and Feyenoord clash in a field next to a highway that an Ajax fan was left dead after a clash between the two sides blocks of hard core fans.

I disagree with you on being able to recognise people from certain countries.

People from various will dress subtly differently and if you pick up on it you can determine with a fairly high accuracy where people may come from, without them hearing to speak.

That's JMHO.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=331822&CPID=4&clid=&channel=skysports_home_page

England get seeded but i'm shaking my head at FIFA's logic

'The Three Lions actually came out second behind Brazil in the system used by Fifa to determine the seedings as they looked at teams' record in the 2002 and 1998 finals and their world ranking over the last three years'

by that reasoning how the fuck are the 5 African Teams ranked higher than most of the other Teams.

4 of them are appearing in their first WC Finals but European Teams are ranked lower even though they normally qualify for the Finals.

i can imagine Zaad being pissed that Portugal are ranked in the 3rd Pool along with Teams like Holland and the Czech's

and even more pissed that Spain (go Spain) are Seeded despite his comments that they are crap.

and CS must be hopping mad that the USA are thought of complete no-hopers and being placed in the 4th Pool despite being so high in the official rankings.

i know that Africa is becoming an emerging Continent in the Football World but i cannot see their Teams doing so well.

i would still back the Dutch,Portugese,Swedes and such European Teams to beat them.

i salivate as i wish for a Group of

ENGLAND

AUSTRALIA

PORTUGAL (OR HOLLAND)

USA

that Group would certainly provoke much chat on this Thread.

Result! Only fair though... a well deserved seed. The article says England came out as second behind Brazil in the system designed to calculate seedings - does this mean that we are unoficialy the second seed? :yay::beer::yay:

Im suprised Holland didnt make it... just kinda assumed they would be seeded.

Just been pondering that a little more... actualy, why the hell are Holland not seeded? I would have put them above Spain or Mexico...? Some unlucky seeded side will have them in there group, dosent seem entirley fair to me.

Either way, dosent really matter. England are going to win the world cup 2006. Honestly and truly. You heard it here first...

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=331880&CPID=4&clid=&lid=13&title=Arena+hoping+for+Aussies

the American Coach praying that they get drawn against the Aussies.

according to Him the Aussies are crap and he wants them.

it may have escaped his notice that FIFA think that the USA are TOTAL SHITE.....................

they are ranked as no-hopers compared to the Aussies.

Archived