World Cup 2006 in Germany

limbo

what are FIFA doing?.

they have a criteria for the Seedings but have just seemed to throw it out the window.

if on Official Rankings then the top 8 would be.

BRAZIL

CZECH REPUBLIC

HOLLAND

ARGENTINA

FRANCE

SPAIN

MEXICO

GERMANY (but why as they are only ranked 16th in the World).

as Hosts they get the special treatment.

but if performances in the last 3 WC's are taken into account then the top seeds would be.

BRAZIL

GERMANY

SPAIN

ITALY

FRANCE

CROATIA

SOUTH KOREA

ARGENTINA.

strange,only 5 Teams appear in both lists.

but the Official Seeds are.

BRAZIL

GERMANY

ITALY

FRANCE

ARGENTINA

SPAIN

MEXICO

ENGLAND

5 Teams appear in all lists but should Germany be there just because they are Hosts?..........

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A load of crap if you ask me but since the first two of each group go through I don't see too many problems. Certainly not if nations like Mexico and Spain are seeded.

Fuck the FIFA boys and fuck their calculations........

PORTUGAL WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer:

Hi!

I believe that the seedings are politically adjusted. A couple of weeks ago Sweden was ranked just ahead of England. However England was seeded in group 1 and Sweden in group 3. Group 2 contained teams from 3'rd world countries that should normaly not stand a chance against Sweden or some of the other teams in group 3.

regards

ALHOLK

sayjann said:

and CS must be hopping mad that the USA are thought of complete no-hopers and being placed in the 4th Pool despite being so high in the official rankings.

i salivate as i wish for a Group of

ENGLAND

AUSTRALIA

PORTUGAL (OR HOLLAND)

USA

that Group would certainly provoke much chat on this Thread.

No worries Sayjann, we'll do 'em! hahaha...our manager Bruce Arena said there were only 2 teams he worried about. Germany, because they are the home team and Brazil because 'they're Brazil' hahaha...

Its a tough group on paper but I think we'll surprise people...again. I think if we work hard we'll get a draw against the Italians who normally start out slow anyway. I think we'll beat the Czechs. It won't be easy (especially if Nedved plays) but I think we'll do it. The Ghanians are a different kettle of fish altogether. No one knows what to expect. They could be world beaters or they could be awed by the competition and have first time jitters. So my hope is that we get 2 wins a draw.

As for your dream group, it would be fun. We've already done the Portugal thing (sorry Zaad), i love the Aussies but they'd get done as well. Our work rate is very good so I think we'd run 'engerlund' to death and nick a suprise early goal and keep hitting you on the counter as you press forward.

Bruce Arena our coach/manager is a pompous so and so. My desire was to have Klinesmann be manager, but we're too friggin' arrogant, myopic and nationalistic to get a foreign manager.

That said, I don't think its unfair for us to be regarded as lowly as we do. CONCACAF isn't respected and the national team doesn't play anyone other than Mexico. They don't play enough friendlies against countries that will challenge them. Playing Haiti and Jamaica is not Brazil and Argentina. hehehe...

We'll do it on the pitch. His Aussie comment may not go over well, it shouldn't be said but he's an ass anyway. I've never wanted him as manager.

England get Trinidad a Concacaf team that qualified in a playoff, lets see if they do against our 'worst' team. hehehe...

Zaad said:

A load of crap if you ask me but since the first two of each group go through I don't see too many problems. Certainly not if nations like Mexico and Spain are seeded.

Fuck the FIFA boys and fuck their calculations........

PORTUGAL WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer:

The same Mexico that looked so well against Germany, Brazil and Argentina this past summer.

Good games coming up with a very tough group Mexico, Iran, Angola, Portugal. :)

Can't see Portugal not finishing first or second in this one. Mexico and Portugal are likely to go through. I don't expect anything from Iran.

Angola seem a tougher fish IMO and will definitely be THE BIG GAME for the Angolans since history speaks of being Portugal's colony. I'm sure the Africans would really want to win that game and pester us with it until the next meeting (which may not present itself anymore) ::

I surely wouldn't want to lose that game, even if we do get through.

Interesting that you think the USA will beat the Czechs. Personally I think they will make a meal of us, and I have them slotted as my dark horse pick to make the final against Brazil.

I don't anticipate us having any problems with Italy as long as Arena doesn't try anything cute. They are decent squad, but nothing compared to the teams of the past. Ghana will be an interesting matchup.

Archived