Midnight alchohol ban in effect

chuckwoww

Is it April 1st already? ::

While I'm sure I'll be able to get a drink past 12:00 (as anyone else who bothers to look around for the matter) it might not be in my usual haunts. I feel for the bar owners who dont have the right connections or money however.

Look on the bright side, at least everyone will be able to work on their tan. :):o:banghead:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, they seem to take the 2-5 PM bann seriously, probably because the authorities are awake and watching at that time of day, but I've not encountered a problem buying booze late at night, although I have heard the odd report or two. The Subway girl didn't blink twice at my beer order.

Yep, I already checked it out on The Nation website. Just who the hell are these people to ignore parliament and make their own rules for the country? I really feel like I am living in the 1970s again, when such extra-legal proclamations were common. The difference was that people protested now. These days, nobody seems to care a damn.

The ironic thing is that Malaysia is a Muslim country, but you can drink alcohol any time of the day there ... and with some decent brands not available here. WTF!

:banghead:

Archived