Visa on Arrival?

StaggerLee

:beer:

Thanks again. As I said previously, I just may not have enough time to get to the Royal Thai Consul before I leave. Have to drop off the passport in the morning, but can only pick it up in the afternoon or some other nonsense like that. Inconvenient, to say the least.

Leaving and re-entering the country is always an option, but hardly something I'd like to do once in Sanukville!

:beer:

Highly possible.

American carriers are most notorious for sticking to the letter of law regarding visa requirements. Do you already have your tix for your additonal travel or are you buying the tix in LoS? If you already have them, then should have no issue.

If flying TG, you also should be OK.

Other carriers YMMV.

Cheers,

SD

Yeah, see what EVA have to say. If they're pricks, then get a visa, and/or be prepared to buy the cheapest flight out of LOS (e.g to SIN) within your 30/60 days, with the full intention of throwing it away - it's your 'visa' insurance :( Look at the low cost carriers such as Thai Air Asia, Tiger Airways, Jetstar Asia. An alternative is a non-discounted fare on a full-service carrier that you can later cash in or get a credit (maybe on your Myanmar flight?).

Black Tiger - TG 'chatted' me when I checked in at PER last July for the (BKK purchased) PER/BKK return leg as I had no visa in my passport. They let it slide after seeing all the 30-day stamps in my passport and an explanation from me as to why no es LOS flight :)

Hope you're in Bangers in 18 days you barsteward - not off earning a crust (heaven forbid) somewhere like Indo, or China or fucking Melbourne :)

I'm in a similar situation it seems on my upcoming trip as its just been decided it'll extend past the allocated 30days & by not its already too late to do the easy 3months tourist visa from here as it takes them a fucking 3 weeks by post as I live far from the embassy!!

Additionally I very likely have to deal with th exact same ignorant rural german *alliance check in bitch as last time who insisted quiet long I needed a preapproved via even for a then simply 2 week visit :banghead:

Furthermore I don't have the slighest idea where my 'visa run' we'll go in mid january so any recommendations welcome ;)

Lastly any known workarounds if check in tries to deny boarding due to these circumstances? Appeals???

Lastly any known workarounds if check in tries to deny boarding due to these circumstances? Appeals???

Fortunately for me (and unfortunately for you?) no KNOWN "workarounds". If it happened to me I would make sure I started off polite (so as not to give her a reason to refuse you), show her your passport with the previous visa on arrival stamps and explain to her calmly. (if you have a previous full page visa, all the better, as you can explain the differences to her).

If she remains unconvinced, it is because she does not know better (and IMHO the American visa requirements have confused a lot of people / led them to beleive that everyone needs a visa for everywhere BEFORE travelling), so ask to speak to her supervisor. and if that does not work as to speak to her manager. Might also help if you have their head office / information line tel no programmed in your mobile phone.

I am guessing you are catching a connection from somewhere small (to frankfurt?), so there will not be half the Q behind you in the same position to back you up - otherwise sheer weight of numbers of other passengers in the same position should make them realise that they are in error!

As a last resort suggest that they just check you on the connecting flight, with your baggage NOT checked through to Bangkok (so you have to collect it in Frankfurt) and then have to re-check it through again. (Tell them you are quite happy to do this and "risk" not being allowed to check in, because you KNOW what you are doing).

(What the checkin staff do not want to happen is that you are refused at your next checkin, with your luggage then having to be offloaded - it takes a lotta time to do and costs a lot of money, it could even mean a missed take off slot).

At Franfurt (or similar international airport of course) they WILL either know better or have 200 other passengers in the same position as you! - in which case I will no doubt read about the riot on the BBC!!!

BTW I know you can do this with your luggage, as I have done it before (and purely coincidently it was at Frankfurt - long boring story why I wanted my luggage back for a couple of hours!)

Try and be nice to folk (even if you KNOW they are just being f#ckwits - Do NOT give them an excuse to refuse you for being rude or aggressive).

Thanks for your very sound advice.

Accidentially my itiniary include first a LH domestic flight followed by a TG(LH codeshare) muc-bkk, which normally would mean I'd be issued both boarding passes as well as obviously luggage checked to final destinations thus sole responsibility with that poor check in woman!

Furthermore I checked the current visa advice from delta airline web, which I guess is identical for all airlines & it states 30days free visa on arrival + 10 days extension against bt500, so it might just cover me ;)

Alternatively the option of checking for 1st flight only is only a halfbaked solution as I'll need to do the last checkin eventualy. Remaining calm & keep asking for superiors as well as more than 4 pages of LOS visa stamps should help...

If not I'm sure you'll read it on BBC et all as I dare any check-in bitch blocking the way to my own wedding :):scared:

Archived