Great American Rib Company bkk

EasySt

Read a review of a rib place in Pattaya and thought I would write a very brief review of a rib place I was at today in Bkk.

http://www.greatrib.com/

Huge portions. Menu and location is available online at the above link. Got the half feast which includes ribs, a couple other types of pork and chicken with cornbread, beans, coleslaw, and potato salad. It is probably enough to feed 2 people for a couple days and only costs 600 baht. I am not a rib connoisseur and just sort of went along with the group I was with but they were pretty damn good as far as I'm concerned. Beans were like beans, coleslaw was like coleslaw, wasn't crazy about the potato salad. Not sure what good cornbread is supposed to be like but it tasted ok to me. Check it out.

this place, and Tony Roma's, if I am not mistaken, import the ribs frozen... so they suck.

on the other hand, head down to Memphis!! Awesome 'dry ribs here:

http://www.hogsfly.com/

and good ribs here.

http://www.corkysbbq.com/

but off Main Street, a little hole in the wall dive, Fat Daddy's Ribs were really, really good. ain't no way Fat Daddy will ever have a friggin' website.

and while in Memphis, be sure to pay your respects to the King :rip:

ND,

Heard the same. We were supposed to go there for Thanksgiving dinner. Our friends went to the Great American rib place earlier for their Thanksgiving dinner. They called us and said to not bother going ourselves as we had intended to later, said it sucked. We went to Bourbon Street instead and had a great Thanksgiving feast. Even my wife was impressed with the turkey day foods at Bourbon Street! My only complaint was there wasn't any cranberry sauce when I went up (twice) to fill my plate. Good turkey though, and the pies were great!

For those looking to be a cheap charlie yet grab a turkey dinner on Thanksgiving, we had a decent plate at Lone Star earlier in the day as well, for free. Haven't been there in a couple years, but will now start stopping in every time I am in the Wash. Square area. Good place, and some great beers as well. Also some (okay, a couple) good looking staff as well. Actually saw a couple of seriously cute bar staff at Silver Dollar recently as well. I like that area. Just so laid back, and the ladies working are not pushy at all. Nice places to have a couple beers and relax without getting hit on for lady drinks, and there are some staff available for sanuk.

Cent

Wow......

I never expected this feedback.

Since when is having a website to advertise your restaurant a crime? If you don't want restaurant reviews in the "food" section then perhaps you should remove the food section or ???? I just assumed that this was an ok place to put it. Food, restaurant.....you know....same same

Sorry for wasting yours and my time.

Sheees!!!!!!

Regretably, I did go to the Thanksgiving dinner at Great American Rib Co.

The owner should be deeply embarrased by what he provided for B700 a head; the turkey was overcooked and served in chunks and hunks with no presentation at all. The stuffing was a notch or two below "Stove Top" and the gravy little more than yellow flour water with a bit of chicken flavor tossed in. The mashed potatoes were ok, but little else could salvage this cheapo cafeteria experience. What truly pissed me off was the additional charge above the B700 "all inclusive" for ANY beverage; like B40 for a fuc*ing bottle of water.

Never again!

Archived