asia rooms.com

paul101

Used these quite a lot for booking hotels on the past few trips. Recently I have read some negative commnets about them on loony planet with people saying they have turned up at hotels clutching their vouchers only to be told they had no booking and the place was full :: I ignored these as I have always found them good, until this week.

One hotel they could not book but have charged my card anyway, but refuse to accept that they have even though the card company confirms it. On another booking they told me they could not make the booking as there was no credit left on the card, sent me into a bit of a panic as there should have been (and were) thousands on it. Asia rooms had made the mistake of giving the wrong exp date on the card. By the time I re booked it using the same card the next day they said hotel full. I will avoid them from now on.

I had a problem with them when trying to book a hotel in Singapore.

All the hotels came book full, but they'd already taken a "Deposit" on my credit card, in other words, assessing whether funds were available on the card.

Even though my card wasn't charged, it was about 3 working days until this "deposit" had cleared and the funds returned on to my card for use. I still don't know why it took 3 days.

I won't use them again either.

Moo Noi.

I used them both in the past but planet holiday are one of those that only add the tax etc on at the end, kind of annoying for comparing prices. Used Hotel thailand but they seem to be a bit more expensive and they cocked up a reservation one time with the emerald saying they had not been paid. Using sawadee.com at present, seem OK

Archived