Finding a good cup of coffee

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

galt67,

there is a very small stand, across the Kiss restaurant(across the street from Mike's Shopping center,Pattaya). The stand sits in front the travel agent and massage place. The girl serves a pretty good cafe mocha(half the cost of starbucks). I usually get my cup of joe from her while I eat at Kiss.

Chok dee,

HOKS

Galt,

I don't know about BKK or PTY, but if you come to Chiang Mai, try a place called Leibenard. They have a vintage Italian roaster on site - in use I might add - and the proprieters are serious Barristas.

Send me a PM if you ever come this way and I'll give you directoins.

for me the best coffee is in Uttaradit and anyone who spends much time there will know who i'm talking about, The chap just near the bus teminus, he's Thai but speaks really good English as he was and engineer in Saudi for a fair while.

No cappuchino but fantastic coffee, good info and a cheery attitude.

Yes, Coffee is a sad scene in BKK, even worse in Pattaya although had some pretty reasonable slurp in a upmarket breakfast place in Patong, its on the next road back from the beach, forget the name Rach ? something. Great breakfast decent Baguettes and sandwitches, good coffee.

Now of course it will get worse because Thai's will think Starfuck is the benchmark! How it aggravates me with their trivialisation of the great coffee culture with their Cheesy names and adulteration of proper coffee to fit in with the wankers perception of what coffee is all about.

Archived