Hotel in Nana area

Lemonbutt

Guys, I need your advice. I'm going to BKK from x-mas until new year. Unfortunately the Nana Hotel and Majestic Suites are already fully booked.

What other Hotel close to NEP can you recommend? I heard Dynasty and Ra-Jah are not recommendable. Any other suggestions? I don't want to spend more than 1500 Baht a night.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seems a lot of places are full manhattan, city lodge, swiss park, tai pan etc etc. It's a bugger filling in agent requests only to get an email next day saying full, better if they just told you the ones thst are not. 1500 baht limits things a bit what about the promenade on soi 8, it's a dump but I bet they have vaccancies or the suk crown on soi 6, ambassador might not be full either. A case of keep trying.

More of a surprise - it's a sex tourist hotel (old dumpy rooms with mirrors on the ceiling). How does Mr look-down-on-sex-tourists know about these places? ::

A cleaner option is the PB Hotel (the upstairs rooms, not the outside ones with the curtains!) Just off soi3 in the street opposite Bumrungrad, it's rarely full, clean enough and cheap (700B the last time I stayed in it a few years ago). The only drawback is that they make you pay in cash.

"M in Bangkok" is often recommended though I've never stayed there.

In soi 4, NanaTai mansion could be your best option. Right at the end of the soi, it's around 1000B for basic, fairly big rooms.

Nana Hotel's a dump btw, as is Rajah.

2nd for Nanatai. Big, clean rooms, hotel tuk-tuk to take you to NEP (free).

Bright City Towers, across from Ambassador (more or less).

Penthouse, upstairs, 490 B/night.

And, my new about-to-not-be-a-secret...

soi 7/1, Siam Smile bar beer, upstairs: brand new rooms (the mattresses weren't even out of the plastic wrapping when I was there last week), new fridge, new TV, fantastically convenient location, but, unfortunately, a bit expensive...

all of 1000 baht/night!

bibblies said:

Nana Hotel's a dump btw, as is Rajah.

Bite your tongue, boy! The Royal Grand Nana Hotel and Resort Spa should not be mentioned in the same sentence as the Raja. The RGNHRS is an excellent property.

Lemonbutt...disregard what bibblies says. The Raja is to the RGNHRS as the RGNHRS is to the JW. Middle-priced resort in the heart of everything! The Raja and Miami are in the same category...a curb's height from the gutter.

Somebody mentioned the Ambassador. That might work well for you. Just make sure you book a double and don't put up with any shit from the "security" guys.

HH

Archived