"Bars" and "Prostitution" don't mix....

NokTang

luckyfarang said:

The Street - Same as discos except no loud music, less attractive girls, and I always wonder what is the girl's problem keeping her from working bar or disco? Especially the occasional attractive one.

Perhaps she is engaged to a Brit and waiting for her VISA?

or, she might just be like a few of us on here and not interested in the bar scene, thinking it doesn't mix with what she is actually wanting to accomplish...meeting a decent guy, no bullshit, get paid, and go home.

(if you are the guy, that would translate to find a girl, not having to deal with any bar bullshit, pay her, she leaves)

Some interesting replies.

cheers.

Nok the Kook

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gadfly1 said:

If we didn't want it, the bars would quickly go out of business; actually, they wouldn't be there in the first place. That is how markets work.

Hi gadfly,

Right in one. If OP doesn't like it, then he should keep away. And if nobody liked it, NEP, Cowboy etc. would shut down or convert to beer bars - or whatever was going to bring in business.

Khwai

The Street - Same as discos except no loud music, less attractive girls, and I always wonder what is the girl's problem keeping her from working bar or disco? Especially the occasional attractive one.

Some girls consider themselves "above" bargirls and would never consider being one.

Others are not above it but like the freedom of freelancing since there are no rules.

The tourotrash buy into this shit hook line and sinker. Walking around holding hands with last nights "conquest", WTF ???

INTJ,

you are living up to the last letter in your name :D

The tourists can be excused, I suppose, as it really is stepping into another world for them, and they cannot be expected to understand the complexeties of the "scene".

:doah:

Of course you are right. Them tourists is dumb dumb dumb. Only expats can figure out this "complex" stuff.

Maybe I'm just old and grumpy, but I now prefer a brothel or freelancer setting such as the BeerGarden or Thermae to find a lady, and a bar to get drunk. They simply are not a good mix IMHO.

A brothel, freelancer setting and go go bar all exist for the same primary purpose: put the girl and the customer together.

The setting is different in each place. With the go go, the setting is that 30 girls will arrive in the bar at the same time every night. The customers know that every girl including the one he may have liked from his last visit will be there at that bar at that time (unless she is on an extended barfine). And he can watch them dance (almost) naked.

The girls get a salary for agreeing to be in the bar. You pay the barfine to offset the salary paid to the 30 girls.

I'm not sure why anyone would conclude that it doesn't mix. Its a perfect mix and everyone gets what they want. Maybe I missed something in the OP.

Also, drinking in a bar while in the company of the girls does not mix??? Why? (other than the obvious reason that alcohol and loose woman its all an evil business guaranteeing everyone a seat in hell).

He doesn't like bars. Therefore, people who do like bars are alcoholics. I know plenty of guys like him.
I think this sums it up quite well.

One further comment: the remark about ex-pats here being alcoholics is just bizzare. Thailand is not the land of cheap booze. Because of the taxes the government levies on alcohol ? particularly imported products ? booze is substantially more expensive here than where most ex-pats come from. Unless an expat has a thing for Mekong Whiskey and some other local gut rout, I doubt that he came here for the booze.

INTJ said:

Ha, I knew the "Alkie Expat" line would generate a reaction from "a certain group".

"Rather contradictorary posting, I am up at 6:30 AM out of the apartment by 7:15 and on my way to work"

Please explain how the time of getting up in a morning and leaving for work has any bearing on being an alchoholic or not ::

"Yet you on the other hand can afford the time to sit in English pubs in a Morning whilst the rest of us are at work"

Where did I say that I sit in an English pub every morning ? And lucky me, I can afford the time if I choose. And whats the "rest of us" line about ? Not all expats bust their balls by being out the door at 7.30 every day.

FYI, the only thing that interests me in an English pub in the morning is a decent breakfast.

"Another Kettle Pot Black Moment" - yes, at least you got that bit right.

I obviously hit a nerve there, talking about expats with drink problems. Sorry about that ::

Umm, sorry, but I am at work by 7.30 every morning, so thats more than one person.

Just what English pub serves breakfast in Bangkok at 7,8,9 in the morning?

I havent read the whole thread yet but to me you sound too much of the just asking an innocent question to pounce on those who disagree with you. A bit trollish in fact.

lazyphil said:

Soi Sea Dragon, Patong used to play different music in each bar all competing noise levels, now its from one DJ for the whole soi, hate it :: just got used to having loud conversations with the gals :)

oh no, its ideal, one bit of music for the whole soi. Ok, i might not like the music or the sound level but only 1 song? Superb!

Guest lazyphil

<<oh no, its ideal, one bit of music for the whole soi. Ok, i might not like the music or the sound level but only 1 song? Superb! >>

no no no BORING!!!! :doah::rolleyes:!!!

Archived