"Bars" and "Prostitution" don't mix....

NokTang

Let's see ... In Bangkok, I prefer the MP's. In Pattaya, its the beer bars. Upcountry means brothels/karaoke. I will sometimes do gogo's in Bangkok and Pattaya (might as well be flexible). I do try and avoid the farang beer bars and gogos when outside Bangkok or Pattaya, though.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi NokTang,

I haven't read beyond your initial post, but I'm confused??...

"Bars" and "Prostitution" don't mix....,

But then you say," but I now prefer a brothel or freelancer setting such as the BeerGarden or Thermae to find a lady, and a bar to get drunk.

:: I'm not getting it. A bar is the "broker" of prostitutes, whether they are getting a kick-back, or not. BG7 and Thermae are not bars? Wanna find a prostitute, where you gonna go? Either walk the streets where they are known to be found in any city, or hit the bars that solicit them. It's a world-wide given.

Bars and prostitution are a "perfect mix". Sure you can find prostitution outside of a bar, but it's where 90% of it occurs world-wide.

Where is a girl going to go, looking for someone to fuck her for money??? The local library?

Wake up! The two are married to each other, and always will be.

HT

Where is a girl going to go, looking for someone to fuck her for money??? The local library?
I think that new park Khun Chuwit is buidling on Sukhumvit is supposed to have a library. It could be the start of new trend. ::

> Sitting in a beer bar chatting up the girls is mindnumbingly dull

> to me, and it's not a cost- or time-effective way to snag a girl.

That is just SO backwards and the other way around. Like its much less dull to watch a line of bored looking fishbowl girls. hey, that looks like fun.. not. It all depends if you go out to get a woman ASAP or you go out to have fun and enjoy yourself and see what happens..

"Why read that whole book, just read the last page and be done with it."

"Why have a 5 course meal.. grab a burger or a phad thai is much more cost effective too"

"Yawn.. go travel around Thailand.. Dont these people have cable?"

"Watch Wigan slaughter Man-U 5-3.. would you believe that takes 90 minutes to watch? I just check the result on the web."

"Why have 30 minutes of intercourse anyway.. Just a 30 second wank and hand her the cup."

> But when I think about bars, I think beer bars (of the Pattaya variety),

> ie. fat, badly dressed lone males on stools, ugly old birds with too

> much make up sat smoking or eating (or both), connect 4, crap music

> too loud etc. Just awful, depressing to see.

Hey.. I love that! I also don't care what they look like and I certainly don't care what other punters (if any) look like. I like Thai people and I like chatting with them. The older ones are actually more likely to have a more interesting conversation with. Or just joke around, whatever. I don't see those (or ANY) bars primarily (or secondarily :) as places to pick up girls. They're for drinking and chatting with staff. Not unlike more Thai oriented karaoke bars or singalong restaurants: most guys don't take girls out, though the possibility is mostly there, of course.

Also the tourist bars are relatively safe, as it's very unlikely that people that matter would see me there. That's quite different at massage parlours, for which I have COMPLETELY no interest. The 'natural human interaction' is just clinically cut out from that experience. I'd consider an inflatable doll before a massage parlour or brothel.. YUCK!

Gogo-bars are kind of in between.. Loud music, cigarette smoke.. Many are not that suitable for actually talking to people, and they tend to be over-stocked with young shallow bimbo's who don't get beyond 'what's your name', 'buy me coke'.. I guess there's a market for that, especially people who don't speak Thai anyway.

And, to answer the question of why bars and girls mix so well: BECAUSE THE GIRLS ARE SO UGLY! If you'd see the typical tourist (gogo/beer)-bar girls lined up in a fishbowl, you'd better not had a heavy lunch recently. Alcohol is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL to even begin to consider to go with them, shell out the money, bother to find a hotel, risk being seen, etc, etc. That COMPLETELY doesn't happen without some solid drinking!

As I previously mentioned, I have come to prefer MP's in BKK over gogo's, although I still go to gogo's as well. One comment I hear a lot is that MP's are so impersonal, you pick a girl out of the bowl and off you go without ever talking to the girl. Just for the record, at a massage parlour, if you see a girl that catches your fancy, you can have her join you at your table for a drink or even some food. You can chat with the girls much like you would in a gogo bar. On the negative, she may not speak English well. On the positive, the music's not excessively loud and she won't say 'I go dance now' after a couple of sips and upon finishing dancing go sit with another customer. Next time you're in a MP in BKK have a look around and you'll notice girls at several tables sharing food and drink with their customers.

To dispel another rumour, that massage parlour girls have no say in whether or not they can refuse a customer. I have twice witnessed firsthand a girl refuse to go with one of my friends ('him too big'). Likewise, I have declined to take a girl that I invited outside of the bowl for a drink and a chat with no reprecussions, just an eager mama or papasan asking me if I would like to try someone else. Hey, to each they're own and I'm not criticizing. Just wanted to point out that MP's can be more personal than one might otherwise think. Of course, going in, picking a girl and getting right down to it works, too. Especially if you've only got a couple of hours. As always, its up2u! One of my reasons for prefering MP's to gogo's in BKK is that I find the girls in the MP's on average more attractive and more polite. Of course, those are subjective opinions.

I've also had a great time in some upcountry brothels, sharing my beer with the girls and having a fun time before deciding whether to go with anybody or not. Other times, I'm in and out in 30 minutes.

HIGH_THAIED said:

But then you say," but I now prefer a brothel or freelancer setting such as the BeerGarden or Thermae to find a lady, and a bar to get drunk.

:: I'm not getting it. A bar is the "broker" of prostitutes, whether they are getting a kick-back, or not. BG7 and Thermae are not bars? Wanna find a prostitute, where you gonna go?

Wake up! The two are married to each other, and always will be.

HT

Wide awake mate. Thanks for the personal attack.

AS I thought would be perfectily clear to even those of small minds and insights,

The topic is and was about the so called "bar"s being involved in the prostitution. NOT the obvious ability of drinking in bars and prostitution activities occuring at same.

INVOLVED as in calling them employees(false as that is beyond casual day to day).

INVOLVED as in asking the girl to pay to leave, getting the payment from the customer. Even to quit in many instances via SCAM's.

INVOLVED as in all the rest you can figure out.

A brothel on the other hand, is only involved in the prostitution.

A bar like the Beer Garden merely provides the venue.

cheers.

Nok the Kook

As you say, its "up2u!"

I didn't mean to suggest that anything "wrong" with MP's (although they are not my usual haunts - mainly because I like to drink a lot :D) - just that for me (and it appears a few others ::) "Bars" and "Prostitution" DO mix!!!!

I am not one for loud music (eg Clubs), but GoGo's are ok for me, because I am a bit deaf :(

"She won't say 'I go dance now' after a couple of sips and upon finishing dancing go sit with another customer"

Not a problem for me, as such, but mainly because I only tend to hand out the lady drinks to gals I know as "tips" (who know that I am not probably going to b/f them back to the hotel) - and that I am not offended when they go and dance or try their luck with a potential punter. They usually come back when they have nothing better to do because they know I am toooooo generous with the lady drinks, real drinks and have also been known to throw some barfines around (figuratively) just for fun..............including on occassion the whole gogo bar :o

I guess in it's own way no great difference from:-

"I've also had a great time in some upcountry brothels, sharing my beer with the girls and having a fun time before deciding whether to go with anybody or not"

It's all "shooting the shit", although can be an expensive way of doing things in a GoGo Bar for me (but I sometimes have an attitude, when drinking, that the money going out has gotta hurt a bit :: ::)

Archived