Khao Phanum Rung-Buri Ram

Old Hippie

No idea on the official Transliterated spelling :), but this place

8d9858f2.jpg

in Buri Ram is great! Prices a lot more reasonable than in Khao Phra Vihaarn...

d749cae2.jpg

A very beautiful place indeed...

36f7415b.jpg

b729c8cc.jpg

18dfe4a3.jpg

Some artsy shots...!

bf4c58ac.jpg

ca832073.jpg

3049ddef.jpg

84146423.jpg

View from the top...

4c9f0e6f.jpg

Monk and friend...

3d3d66bf.jpg

Friendly kids...

b430294c.jpg

e18f3b22.jpg

One kid said something rude in Thai, which I understood, I called him on it, and he apologized, and his friend smacked him in the head! :) Nice kids though over all, astounded I could actually speak Thai (the kids and I that is :) )

When the walk is over, this is a great place for lunch!

f6f91e1e.jpg

I impressed the Woman there with my language skills, and a picture of me and Aed Carabao!

Thanks again to Cent for this trip/excursion as well!

Old Hippie said:

in Buri Ram is great! Prices a lot more reasonable than in Khao Phra Vihaarn...

d749cae2.jpg

Of course, if you read Thai, you will note the the admission price for Thais is B10! Oh well, 4x is better than the usual 20x overcharge :banghead:

Nice reports OH.

Cheers,

SD

Suadam,

Yes, I can read a bit, and noticed this as well, but Khao Phra Vihaarn was 200BHT on the Thai side, and 200BHT on the Cambodian side, which is what I was refering to...Many BKK attractions (natioanl park/historical places) are free for Thais...glad to see them shouldering part of the Burdon...

OH,

More great pics! I like what your camera and your great artistic abilities can do with that! I really like this place. Very nice ruins and very well kept. Nice lawns and a bunch of good places to eat and drink, and the museum they have there is wel done and tells a lot of how the place was found, fixed up, and how it was built and the history behind the ruins. Great place! I've been there 3 or 4 times now, and it just looks better and better.

Hell OH, you should marry that lass with the shop! She has a prime location, is cute as well, and loved you too mutt! Time to retire and work the shop with your Thai wife at the ruins of Buriram! :: :D Nice day out OH. Come again and we'll do a few more cultural things, like the gogo bar and the massage parlors! ::

Cent

I dug that woman as well...didn't give her my card...but she was nice...was impressed with the photo of me and Aed Carabao (got a lot of use out of that, thanks Aed!). Next time I'm there, I need to go chat her up a bit!

I did the massage parlor in Surin, behind the Thuntarin hotel (sp). They tried to hit me up for an extra 1500bht upon leaving...I said no politely and left, didn't go back. Struck out in the Thai gogo in Surin...to many Thai regulars about I think...

Thanks, which one was Ban Teay Srey? I am pretty sure I did...frankly, and sadly, I have the names of all those temples scrambled and confused...next trip to Angor, I hope to see the water falls, and an area with something like 1000Bhudda images...under the waterfalls...forget the name. Also the lake tour to Phenom Phenn...so much to see, so little time and money...

Archived