Any MP3 players that use thumb drives for storage

OCgringo

You want to carry an Mp3 player and numerous thumb drives around to switch albums ?

1/ Many mp3 players are at the 1GigB storage level these days. A friend bought a Sony for 7KTHB. Your thumb drives will cost around the same per GB .... about 4KTHB/GB for storage (the flash chip) alone.

2/ With a GigB storage on the mp3 player you will have room for some 1000MB / 5MB/song = 200 songs. That is about 20 albums and 600 minutes or 50 hours of music. Did you want your entire music library with you all the time ? Not very practical IMHO.

3/ My advice is get a player that has good playlist managment tools so you can navigate easily. Then you can plug into your PC or laptop and change the entire 1000MB if you want each and every night.

4/ Lots of players have an integral USB connector so no cable is needed to synch to the PC. And the USB connection charges the player to boot .... very convenient.

Have fun.

I've taken to carry a MP3 CD player with me on flights. At ~200 songs/CD, I can carry a lot of music on about 5 CDs. And of course, you can burn your own mix CDs.

Here is the model I use. Got it for AU$90 at the Melbourne Duty Free about six months ago.

What I would really like is a portable CD player that can read DVDs. Then it would be feasible to carry your whole music collection with you!

What about an MP3 player that uses SD cards? That would be quite portable. Like this one. Or if you are a real geek, you can build it yourself.

Cheers,

SD

next time your up for a new mobile maybe consider something like the d600 samsung, with this phone and simmilar you can insert a micro SD card and expand upto i think 512kb(enough space if you access yr pc often) and just use your phone as an MP3 player, good if you dont like carrying too much stuff...

I would'nt like to get out and about with my mobile phone, flash drives and an MP3 player...to add I believe you can now buy good quality bluetooth head sets that will intergrate to your phone so you can listen to music wirelessly.

FA...

BTW...samsung MINIKET. a kickarse travel companion...

Suadum,

I too have a CD player that plays mp3-cds. Advantage is tha tI can use the cds in the car as well. It was dirt cheap compared to the prices of flash players or ipods when I bought it some years ago. only 30 euros. absolutely no-name, and I added good headphone.

Would I have to buy a new one these days I'd opt for a flash player. One without DRM.

Archived