Brutal killing of Dane in Cha-am.

chuckwoww

>>The (thai) neighbour was standing at the back yard gate asking the 54 year old to come out and discuss the matter. The Dane left the house and went to talk. But he was not aware that the three friends of the Thai neighbour were hiding behind the wall, and this time a fist fight was not enough.

?All of sudden the three others came out of nowhere and started beating Søren with steel pipes..."<<<

They were waiting with pipes so they could ambush the Dane. If i were the Cha Am police i would definitely charge the four with "non"- intentional violence. Wouldn't you?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bust1

While i agree with you that falangs sometimes do act agressively towards thais, it is always in a verbal manner. Some falangs do a very bad job of analyzing the situation of who and where they are and default by acting as they would back home or act as they would within their own culture..

It just doesn't fly here for numerous reasons. Yet that being said, what transpired is inexcusable in any culture and no matter what the falang said or did deserves an ounce of what unfolded...

What also is disturbing to me and it only got mentioned in the last line was "police and doctor showed up later"

I would tell you in america, this would also be a worthy part that would be discussed and critiqued at length. If police and paramedics did not repond within a set time protocol, someone's ass would be on the line. For the average citizen, america does a more than decent job of responding to emergencies in a timely manner in addition to the quality/aid in the response. A life could potentially have been saved here just from the medical emergency side of the equation..

In LOS, I would serious doubt that there is any type of quality evaluation from the police and medical emergency perspective whether internal or external. I would even question if the specs that response needs to be within so many minutes and what actions should be followed. I would specualte it is more towards third world than fiirst world expectations and protocol/standardsl...

It is these types of cases that all go into my thinking and behavior and I adjust accordingly.

While we all love and enjoy Thailand in many ways, there are also several ugly issues and situations/scenarois out there as well that we need to recognize and prepare ourselves for the best that we can.....

CB

"Farang kiikong ja tai"

That's the reaction of TGF after I've just told her two farangs were beaten to death in Thailand.

I've asked her to take her stuff and fuck off. End of a love story.

"Farang kiikong ja tai"

That's the reaction of TGF after I've just told her two farangs were beaten to death in Thailand.

I've asked her to take her stuff and fuck off. End of a love story.

Unfortunately some Thais think the real problem is that this sort of stuff gets reported. They are more troubled by the fact that information on this sort of violence if readily available on the internet than they are by the fact that this sort of violence occurs.

The best way to change that attitude is to continue to highlight these events when they happen. No guarantee that this will change things, but it is certain that things will not improve unless we lift up the rock and shed a bit of light on what really happens here.

Hi,

"Unfortunately some Thais think the real problem is that this sort of stuff gets reported."

Quite similar to their views on prostitution in Thailand. It is not a problem that prostitution is rampant in Thailand, as long as nobody outside of the country knows about it.

Sanuk!

Tigermoth

Good post.

You raised quite a few good points.

Thailand has always been a violent place but for the average farang this was not so obvious until the last couple of years.

It seems that there are a number of issues involved here.

Disparity of incomes breeding resentment.

Consumer nature of Thais in general.

Xenophobia stirred up by Thai rak Thai.

Low education and lack of opportunites for many thais.

General violent nature of Thai society.

Corrupt military and police.

Influx of wealthy tourists.

Lack of action and lack of concern for foreigners who have become victims of assault or murder.

High usage of alcohol and amphetamines.

Archived