Brutal killing of Dane in Cha-am.

chuckwoww

More depressing news....you've been warned...

Four Arrested for Beating Dane to Death in Thailand

Four Thai men yesterday, 22 December turned themselves in to the Cha-Am police and admitted they beat the 54-year old Dane Søren Tandrup Olsen to death.

Four Thai men aged 28-36 are now arrested and charged with non-intentional violence causing death after turning themselves in to the Cha-Am police Thursday afternoon. A crime that is punished with 3-15 years imprisonment, according to the local police.

The victim of the violence was the 54 year old Dane, Søren Tandrup Olsen. The Dane wanted to get his own car into the streets of Cha-Am, where he has been living with his Thai girlfriend, Lek, since 1999, but his neighbour?s car was in the way.

http://tinyurl.com/atovv

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"non intentional violence causing death"

U're sure that's the correct wording?? "non intentional murder "maybe" but non intentional violence when you're gangbeating a guy with iron bars ?!? WTF ?!? "it wasn't writtten on the bar's manual upon buying it might hurt when smashed against people's head" ?

Nobody ever deserves to die over something as trivial as the reason stated in the story. However and please don't think I am generalising here but I have noticed from time to time some pretty aggressive behaviour by falangs towards Thai people on several occasions. There seems to me that some visitors have this I am on holidays so don't fuck with me approach to the locals and I am sure it pisses them off. I know this guy resided in LOS but it made me think of an incident earlier in the month where I was confronted by a gentleman wanting to punch on in The Indra Shopping Centre because I complained that he was blocking the aisle and nobody could get past. Didn't even know I'd upset him until he came up behind me some minutes later and said " you got a ploblum"

to which I replied "the word is problem and yes I did you were blocking the aisle and nobody could get past you and your girl." So without being dismissive I think sometimes in these situations there is maybe a degree of aggresion on the victims part. In any case still very sad.

Disturbing stuff.

In a strange way Thailand can be a great leveller for Farangs, to large degree it doesn't matter whether you are 5 foot tall weighing 8 stone (in metric that is...small ::) or 6 foot 6 and 15 stone and "as hard as nails".

Whilst sometimes yer size will still get you out of stuff, it may also get you into stuff which you ain't gonna win physically - especially playing away from home - and because it may seem to still work on occassion it may encourage folk to think like yer still at home......... and just build up trouble for later.

Being used to avoiding head on confrontation can be a useful thing in the LOS.

Obviously lots of stereotypes here etc - have met plenty of small fuckers whose pints I wouldn't spill!

I find hiding behind a conveniant BG has worked more or less ok for me. :D :D and being nice to f#ckwits I will never meet again (or remember) also works quite well :D.

Guest lazyphil

i think i posted before, a young thai lad, 18 or so, came over to be with his mum this summer, got a savage beating on a bus for looking at a gang on thugs the wrong way, i'm sure hes happy to have come to england....stupid mindless cunts live everywhere!

Archived