Bar fines now 800 baht?

spudsmck

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
spudsmck said:

Got an e-mail from a girl that works at a disco in Pattaya on soi Pattaya 13/4. She said the barfines are now 800 baht.

800-Bt??? On Soi 13/4??? Likely true only for gullibile tourists....or BG's that really don't want to go with you!

horseshit!

Maybe just another peak season gouge. No way it is gonna fly if true. Soi Cowboy still 500 and Nana still 600.

Barfines are double Dec25 till midnight. At least that's what one girl in Carousel in NEP told me was happening in her bar. Pretty standard as I recall.

Prices are generally going up in Thailand, but a jump to 800 Baht would represent a one-third (33%) increase over the current 600 Baht rate. That would be quite a jump.

Maybe a bar like Rainbow 4 might try that, but for other bars, I suspect it would be a foolish move. Customers might not notice a 10 Baht difference in drinks between bars, but they will notice if a bar is charging one-third than its competitors. If I owned a bar near a bar that starting charging 800 Baht for bar fines, I think I would make a point of advertising that bar fines are one-third cheaper at my bar. It could lead to virtutous cycle of BGs and customers migrating over to my bar at the cost of lost business to my competitor.

Archived