Worst Airlines and Airports in the world?

Solomick

Well I've finally made it out of Angola and I have a new offical shitest airport/airline in the world list.

Up untill yesterday Nigeria was number one, but after spenting 18 hours trying to check in and another 16 hours waiting for the flight with no announcements,food or any other amenities Angola is now gained the top spot.

Here is my all time 3 worst airports/airline.

1. Angola (Luanda) / TAAG(air Angola)

2. Nigeria (Lagos) / Nigerian Airways

3. Australia (Darwin) / Quantas

Any other airports or airlines to be avoided? ::

Maybe the list will change in the new year as the company has just informed my that I will be travelling to Thailand from Angola in January with Ethiopian Airlines with a nice stop over in Ethiopia. ::

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SVO Moscow, where I on several occasions have had the misfortune to spend 12 hours between flights. Definitely the most godforsaken airport I ever saw. Judging from the looks of the unfriendly, unhelpful and sulky staff, working at this airport must really suck. ::

Airline? Definitely PIA, Pakistan Airlines :down:

Cheers

Hua Nguu

"...There is the one in Nepal with the short runway that takes off over the cliff and freefalls until it picks up enough speed. Don't know it's called. ..."

There are actually quite a few like that, they are called STOL (short takeoff and landings) airports. Lukla springs to mind as one I flew out of. Namchee (not sure still open )is another, both in Nepal. Lajas, Azores is another...Basically, they fly off a cliff, lose the lift from the ground not being under them, and drop a bit before gradually gaining speed/lift...

Archived