decent gym

colonel Kurtz

>a good old fashioned sweat shop gym!<

Thai Japan Din dang ..( Thai Ebun Din Dang ) .. is an old style weightlifting room .. short cab ride from the Victory Monument BTS.

if there ever was chrome on the equipment it has long been worked / sweated off!

Power Zone is where leading Thai body builders train.

02 689-5298 (99) .. Daily: THB 120 Monthly: THB 1200

Thailand finished 2nd at the 2005 World Championships in Shanghai & did welll at the 2005 Asian Championships in Seoul.

http://www.csmngt.com/gyms.htm

The Thai team is seeking "nutrition sponsors" for the junior team..

If you are interested in sponsoring a young Thai body builder talk to Khun Douglas or Khun Sitthi at Power Zone

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not thailand related but if you live in the UK the best gyms for the price are normally located in your local sports centre.

No crappy 'joining fee' and usually no contract either. Some, no most of the high end gyms are very devious when it comes to getting cash out of ya, including almost unbreakable yearly contracts.

Another gym tip is to limit your visits to 30 mins only, that way it's harder for you to make excuses about not going down. If you do 30 mins and you know what you're doing it's as good as the other people slaving away for 60 mins or more.

Quality not quantity......

Sarisin said:

I belonged to Fitness First in Landmark for nearly three years.... I moved to Suk Soi 29 and joining California WOW seemed right.

A new one, True Fitness will open in The Exchange Tower (corner of Sukhumvit and Asoke). Join NOW! the banner states.

Well, the place is expected to open in June or July. But, the hard sell is on to pay NOW!

I got the best deal to be 24,000 baht for 24 months. Ok, sounds fair to me.

Pay NOW!

No, I don't mind paying a deposit or so, but I won't pay in full until you actually open the place.

So, try to compare costs at California Wow or First Fitness. No way. Need to go through their sales pitch before they will even discuss costs.

Will try both again when I have time to waste listening to their sales pitch.

Archived