Christ allmighty.... now a german stabbed to death

Phuket.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

German, 25, stabbed to death

PATONG: A 25-year-old German man died early on Sunday morning of stab wounds received in a furious argument with his Thai girlfriend in their rented room on Nanai Rd.

Pol Lt Col Chawalit Niamwadee, of Kathu Police Station, told the Gazette, ?I received a call from Patong Hospital at 4 am that a man had been brought into the emergency room, where he had died of his wounds.?

The dead man was identified as Anders Ochner. ?He had been stabbed once in his right side and once in his upper chest, and he had three knife wounds to his right hand,? said Col Chawalit.

?At the scene of the stabbing, I found Uthairat Poonchan, 21, from Nakhon Sawan, still holding a knife. There was blood on the floor.

?She told me that she and Mr Ochners frequently had arguments about the victim?s relationships with other women. She had used the knife to protect herself, she said, because he had hit and hurt her before. She herself had cuts to her fingers and her right arm.?

Uthairat, he said, had been arrested on a charge of manslaughter. The investigation continues.

Mr Ochner?s body is currently at Thalang Hospital awaiting collection by his relatives.

puketegazette

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can only go on what is in the newspaper, but her claim "she had used the knife to protect herself...because he had hit and hurt her before" doesn't quite ring true for at least two reasons.

First, it sounds like he was trying to protect himself.

?He had been stabbed once in his right side and once in his upper chest, and he had three knife wounds to his right hand,? said Col Chawalit.
Stabs to the hand. If you were attacked with a knife you would try to block the knife with your hands. It sounds like this guy was trying to save his life when the attack happened.

Second, her explanation suggests a motive:

?She told me that she and Mr Ochners frequently had arguments about the victim?s relationships with other women. She had used the knife to protect herself, she said, because he had hit and hurt her before. She herself had cuts to her fingers and her right arm.?
Jealousy. The guy is seeing other girls, and she is pissed off. Now she claims self-defense, but note that she claims she knifed him because he had attacked her before: "he had hit and hurt her before". The report doesn't say anything about her trying to defend herself during this attack. In other words she claims she was justified in attacking an unarmed Farng and killing him with a knife because of what she claims happened during previous fights.

Based on the press report, we have a women who admits she is jealous and has fought with her boyfriend before because of the jealousy. She attacks him with a knife - the wounds to the hand evidence his attempts to protect himself from the attack - and kills him. Now she claims it is self-defense, but the self-defense claim is not based on what happened during the fight (or her attack), but rather prior events.

There is presumably more to this story, but doesn't sound good for the girl. Of course, Farangs are murdered all of the time in Thailand. Let's see if this BG gets prosecuted.

Shocking eh? I dont usualy presume guilt/innoncence without hard evidence, but sounds to me like this chick out and out murdered the poor bloke, with no self defence motive (or at least little). As you point out, stab wounds to the hands are obvious and clear signs of defence. Ive had first had experience of a thai girl coming to me with a pair of scissors, and the first thing i did was put my hands out to protect myself (nothing happened). Luckily she calmed down, but i was secconds away from 'steaming in' and belting the shit out of her as i know full well that once they loose it, they have no problem in plunging the knife in your chest. That was my last resort, as i wouldnt wish to hurt a woman and never have, but i would have done if need be, knowing the consiquences of calling her bluff...

Thats what this guy may have been thinking... ''i could belt her now and she would stop, but i dont want to hurt her...'' too late unfortunatley.

Dosent sound too much of a mitigating fact that she confessed they argued all the time/other women et al.

Fuck her. Hope she rots in Lard Yao for the rest of her life.

What the hell is going on the 'LOS'? Why are so many fellangs getting wasted?

Land Of Smiles? Yeh, right....

This case sounds like a typical reaction of "uncontollable anger and a fit of rage" due to the falangs womenizing. Nothing to do with self-defense!

I think he was caught off-guard by her behavior and he didn't react in recognition time to what was necessay to defend himself and that was to go on the offensive rather than remaining in the relaxed defensive position until the fatal wound to the upper chest.

I would assume the order of the wounds were to the hands, followed by the side wound and then the ultimate fatal plunge wound to the chest (heart?)

What was his state of mind? Had he consumed any alcohol or extremely tired so his thoughts and actions would have been impaired.

My take is he just didn't realized the seriousness of her actions once the attack began and thus didn't respond (can picture him trying to tell her to stop it and trying to talk his way out of her attack - what are you crazy?) in a necessary defense meaning offense (grab whatever was around to counter her attack - a lamp, a vase, a book, an art object, etc) to save his life....

CB

KS might add a new photo section to Nanaplaza: pics of Farangs murdered by Thais. A little publicity might make the Tourism Authority tell the Thai police to get off of their butts and do something.

p.s. I'm giving even money the gal gets let off on the self-defence story. Hey, she just killed a Farang ... there's plenty more of them around.

Hi,

"KS might add a new photo section to Nanaplaza: pics of Farangs murdered by Thais. A little publicity might make the Tourism Authority tell the Thai police to get off of their butts and do something."

Knowing how things operated I think it more likely they'd shut down this site. Much easier to kill the messenger than fix the problem.

Sanuk!

''p.s. I'm giving even money the gal gets let off on the self-defence story. Hey, she just killed a Farang ... there's plenty more of them around.''

I never used to buy this opinion, and allways leaped to the defence of Thai's when anything like this was mentioned. But honestly, over the last few months I'm coming round to the opinion that most of them, yeh fuck it... MOST OF THEM are nasty little fuckers who have no respect for Fellangs. Are you guys not incensed at how many fellangs are being wasted latley? I think its shocking.

Further more, as Flashermac said ''just another Fellang, plenty more around''... yep, i also buy that now.

They dont give a fuck do they?

I remember when i first came to Thailand a Fellang said to me ''Thais. You think you meet a good one, and they allways prove you wrong.'' I thought, shut the fuck up you ignorant negative pillock. Now, i couldnt agree more!

Or am i just getting negative? Im confused about this place now...!

::

Archived