Kuhn Prat Choi

asiafun

Just got back from the Kingdom! It was a hell of a trip and it will take a couple of days of rest to recover.

Until this trip all of my barhopping experience had been in Pattaya. This trip I made it a point to visit NEP and the Cowboy. I bought a gal a ladies drink, chatted her up maybe ten minutes tops and then when I was going to leave she demanded a 100 baht tip??? WTF

I pretended I had no idea what she was saying and left. Please tell me that is not normal for BKK. It was the hollywood in NEP

Asiafun, no its not normal in BKK although sadly becoming more common. No need for you to tip at all in that sort of bar as you had already bought her a drink. If you had been in a 'diddling' bar and been having a grope then that would have been different and a tip might well have been justified. However now many misguided punters seem to think that a tip is warrented just for sitting chatting to a girl for a short period of time, in addition to buying her a drink which is of course normal when one istrying to decide i you wish to BF or not. NEP IMHO is very mercenary now and henceforth not much fun. You can't really blame the girls as if some blokes are willing to tip for doing nothing then what do you expect?

Simie.

Absolutely normal in NEP in my limited experiences there. I tell them to piss off, basically. But it is just one more reason not to go there.

A former mamasan at one of the Rainbow bars is now working at Taffy's in Washington Square and she pulls the same shit (buy drinks for my friend; tip me B100, etc). I tell her to piss off too! She is a nice & *very* interesting woman with a hot bod and huuugge tracts of land (and sexy glasses), but that kinda shit puts me off, especially the way she does it (repeatedly, like she cannot hear the word no), and I avoid the place now. She likely will not last long or will change her tune pretty quickly. It is just ingrained in those NEP chix :(. Stoopid tourists!

Very rare in Cowboy and chix who do this there usually do not last long.

Regards,

SD

Suadum, I've never been very keen on NEP and was always a Cowboy fan even years ago when it was'nt as popular as it perhaps is now. I've always found the attitude in general so much better in Cowboy and had great fun there in the past. The original post is just another reason to spend even less time in NEP. I just hope the migration of girls and punters from NEP to Cowboy we keep hearing about does'nt spoil the fun there? Now i no longer live in BKK and have even less time in town i doubt i will bother going to NEP at all.

Simie.

It has actually been a good few years since I visted any of the downstairs gogo bars at NEP - apart from using the pool tables on occassion - I am always straight upstairs.

My opinion is that downstairs it MAY now be normal to ask - but it isn't normal to pay, plenty of other places to go. But if folk do pactually pay, who can really blame the gals for asking everytime.

The problem I see with the management and gals using these business practices is that they remove their Thai USP against places in the west - if they want to go down that route, fair enough, they get treated the same as in the west. Where brutal honesty including a Fuck Off would be appropriate, just would kinda make the place just another bunch of ho's selling holes (OK I know it is already!). And with an atmosphere that goes with this. At the moment most blokes are happy to play along with the illusion that the gals are not ho's, but start acting like them, then they get treated like them.

But if it is just a cattle market then I see no point in spending more time and good money in them than is needed, apart from 2 minutes picking up the holes for the night. No need to actually sit down or buy a drink.

suadum said:

A former mamasan at one of the Rainbow bars is now working at Taffy's in Washington Square and she pulls the same shit (buy drinks for my friend; tip me B100, etc). I tell her to piss off too! She is a nice & *very* interesting woman with a hot bod and huuugge tracts of land (and sexy glasses), but that kinda shit puts me off, especially the way she does it (repeatedly, like she cannot hear the word no), and I avoid the place now. She likely will not last long or will change her tune pretty quickly. It is just ingrained in those NEP chix :(. Stoopid tourists!

Thanks for the heads up, will be in Taffy's on the afternoon of the 18th Jan. If she pulls that shit on me I will be shoving the sausages Taffys ordered up her arse. ::

I thought maybe I had not learned anything from my time on the board.

I will say that it appeared the potential for a more comfortable time was in Soi Cowboy. It was not as crowded as NEP and the staffs seemed to know when to solicit a punter.

My most memorable thing in Soi Cowboy was on the wall in Dollhouse. Something about Lazy Girl no money and girl who likes sex happy girl or something liked that.

It was like some kind of mission statement Thai style for hookers

I just take it with a grain of salt.

It's easy. Just say No.

What drives me nuts though is when they keep asking or give attitude.

Think it was the night of the NPF2 winning Christmas Banquet at Londoner (something I was fortunate to attend) that we went to midnite.

There is a new mamasan at Midnite who irked me. First time I went in after new management earlier in the year she interrogated me and then hung around me until a regular told her that I'm okay.

Well, getting back to the night in question... "Growth against the Glass" girl, was entertaining. Spent a lot of energy (she danced upstairs). I didn't want to talk to her, but I wanted to buy her a drink. Mamasan said over 10 times to give her the money for the drink. That made no sense. She finally acquiesed and got a receipt written and put in my checkbin.

Then she nagged me for a drink at least 5 times. I was getting pissed off. She's good, cause she stopped just as I was trying of thinking of something good to say.

Guess that's why if I am not actively looking for something entertaining, I like to stick to the same watering holes. I don't get this crap.

<<burp>>

Archived