British gal raped and murdered Samui

BuffHello

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lazyphil said:

i thought the general idea was its in us all to commit such acts, let me refresh and read again.....................

Well we are certainly all physically capable. I think that was the point. But 99.99 % of us never even consider it. There is no excuse for that kind of behaviour but there are underlying reasons for it. It's a valid topic for debate. I think you are confusing discussing that kind of behaviour with excusing it.

To get back to these jerks on Samui....I would say their inhibitions about raping and murdering a falang were not very far below the surface. They got back to the ship and had a good laugh about it. None of their shipmates went to the cops. They would have got away with it but the cops found them. It shows how skin deep a lot of these feelings are.

Guest lazyphil

maybe, anyway, the person who raped the 12 week old baby got 12 years, wonderful, fucking do gooder cunts getting him a light sentance :( ....momma didn't hug him enough i guess ::

lazyphil said:

maybe, anyway, the person who raped the 12 week old baby got 12 years, wonderful, fucking do gooder cunts getting him a light sentance :( ....momma didn't hug him enough i guess ::

Who knows what goes on in a mind like that. It probably did have something to do with his parents. Most things do. Some people should never become parents. Would hanging drawing and quartering the bastard (and his parents) make you feel better? Would it stop the next one?

Guest lazyphil

yes it would make me feel better if he was executed, might deter the next fuck up, might not, but it'll save any chance him repeating anything similar and wtf should tax payers keep him fed and watered? because we are a civilised society i hear people say....bullshit i say to that, its time to bring back capital punishment.

>>To get back to these jerks on Samui....I would say their inhibitions about raping and murdering a falang were not very far below the surface. <<

I'm with you on that. The casualness with which they did it is a wake up, but even more is the reaction of thais who seem to give it little thought (other than how it affects thai's reputation). Was it because she was farang that no one cares? Or is it that she is just a stranger to them and thais don't empathize with people they don't know personally or via the TV, even when its a thai who is the victim.

lazyphil said:

yes it would make me feel better if he was executed, might deter the next fuck up, might not, but it'll save any chance him repeating anything similar and wtf should tax payers keep him fed and watered? because we are a civilised society i hear people say....bullshit i say to that, its time to bring back capital punishment.

I think if there was a referendum you would be in the majority. And if I had to vote I would agree with the death penalty for certain crimes.

But I think one reason people don't like the death penalty is because they (we) don't want the personal responsibility. You can see that with juries. Often they won't convict because of the death penalty.

http://tinyurl.com/b6xcm

Verdict on Horton case scheduled next week : Judge

Published on Jan 13 , 2006

A judge on the rape and murder of a 21-year-old Welsh student said he would deliver a verdict next week after two suspects pledged guilty.

After hearing Friday's eight witnesses, Judge Chamnong Sutchaimai said testimony in the trial had been concluded, and that he would render a verdict next Wednesday. No witnesses were presented by the defence.

Two Thai fishermen pleaded guilty Friday to the rape and murder of a 21yearold Welsh tourist, as their trial began in a case that has cast a shadow over Thailand's tourism industry.

The suspects entered the court room in shackles and jail uniforms as the unusually swift judicial proceedings began just 12 days after Katherine Horton was killed on the resort island of Samui, and four days after their arrest.

The body of the 21yearold psychology student, who was in Thailand on a backpacking break with a friend, was found floating in Lamai Bay on January 2.

Prosecutors planned to bring 11 witnesses to testify Friday, Surat Thani provincial court clerk Viroj Kittipongsakorn said by telephone.

Police say DNA evidence links Bualoy Kothisit, 23, and Wichai Sonkhaoyai, 24, to the rape and murder of Horton, and that both men confessed that they committed the crime after a drinking binge on New Year's Day.

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has called for their execution if they are convicted, and pressured police and prosecutors to bring the case to a speedy close in hopes of reassuring tourists that Thailand is a safe country to visit.

Most criminal cases in Thailand take years to reach completion, but Viroj said a verdict could come within days.

Tawatchai Seangchaew, a prosecutor in Surat Thani, said the court granted special attention to this case because the gruesome crime had received so much media attention.

In contrast, police have yet to file charges against three men accused of murdering 57yearold British tourist James Edward Hall, who was found dead on Christmas Day in a bungalow on Chang island.

Panu Woramit, who heads the Tourism Authority of Thailand on Samui island, said Horton's murder would affect business on the island, but said Thailand had done its best to contain the damage by dealing with the case swiftly.

"The situation is improving. Yesterday we held a ceremony for her, and Samui hotel operators plan to invite her family on a free trip for one week. I hope this will show them of our sincerity," he said.

Some 950,000 tourists mostly Germans, British and other Europeans visited the island in 2004, generating revenue of 12 billion baht (304 million dollars), he said.

That figure was expected to rise by about five per cent last year, Panu added.

Meanwhile a coroner's inquest was opened in Britain on Thursday into Horton's death.

A brief hearing into her death was held in Horton's home city of Cardiff in Wales. It was adjourned until after criminal proceedings have been completed.

Agence FrancePresse

<< and Samui hotel operators plan to invite her family on a free trip for one week. >>

Oh, whoopee ... what a fun holiday. Come and romp where your daughter/sister was murdered.

p.s. The father and one brother have already been to Samui. I expect they've seen all they want of it.

Archived