British gal raped and murdered Samui

BuffHello

Then by extension we are all capable of being saints as well ...

You have a definitely low opinion of humanity when you say that we are all capable of commiting atrocities just because another person has done so. Why judge the human race by the worst of its members? Do you think we all have a Hitler or a Stalin hiding in us waiting for a chance to come out???

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

''Unfortunately the fact that another human being has committed such an act de facto means that we are also capable of such an act''

No it dosent.

I wont diginfy this opinion with an argument, so quite simply i shall just say.....

No it dosent.

Good job Osama got to those twin towers before i did.... because after all, we are all capable.....

chuckwoww said:

Couple of questions...

How will executing these jerks help Thailand's reputation in countries opposed to the death penalty?

Probably won't help or hurt. I think it's tough to call an entire country opposed to/in support of the death penalty. I tend to believe that, while a majority of residents of different countries are either opposed to/support the death penalty, it is generally an individual judgement. Reading the responses in this thread, I see a number of Europeans who would support putting these guys to death; and others favoring "life" because it is deemed "worse than death".

Personally, I wouldn't mind just tying these guys up and letting anybody who cares to stop by and kick em in the nuts while they starve to death.

HH

Doesn't bother me what they do with their human garbage Hugh. Fact is a lot of people (I shouldn't have said countries) are opposed to the death penalty because they think its a barbaric response to a barbaric act. I think Thailand's reputation will suffer whatever they decide to do.

That doesn't mean people will necessarily stop coming just means less naive idiots will think of it as a gentle paradise. If any still do believe it.

I'm with zorro humans are all "capable" of some brutal shit. Which is why the very first commandment is "Thou shalt not kill." That was needed and still is because humans kill too much.

The fact we are capable of it makes it that much more important in the case of the thai guys to devise a punishment that will deter others from doing it.

And i don't understand the guys saying they could never rape/kill a girl. I'm calling that bullshit. You definitely could rape a girl it would be easy enough to pull off. You have a moral code so you don't do it. Its that simple. Those moral codes go by the wayside in some situations. Basic example: Gun to the head.

Guest lazyphil

Zorro, I cant find a link but a few days ago a 12 week old baby was raped by her 2 baby sitters and took pictures of the acts, now if you think you are capable of such acts....just speak for yourself!

Phil,

That's disgusting.

But, very unfortunately, it proofs the point that people are capable of doing so.

As I said in an earlier post and as Mailuk said, our moral codes prevent us from doing so, but under certain circumstances people are aable to bad stuff to each other.

''And i don't understand the guys saying they could never rape/kill a girl. I'm calling that bullshit. You definitely could rape a girl it would be easy enough to pull off''

Bollocks mate.

No I fucking would not. What the fuck....? Yes, it's immoral I agree with that, but are you suggesting that?s the sole reason most of us don?t rape and kill?

Fuck that mate.... I take issue with this in a big way. Most of us choose not to rape and kill because we could not inflict such barbaric torture on an innocent person just for kicks... and that?s an understatment.

So, any guy who has the opinion that the only reason they refrain from rape and murder out of morals is basically conceding they would if they could get away with it... is that what your saying?

I'm one of the guys here that has said could never rape and kill a woman. So you think that?s bullshit? You think I'm capable just by virtue of being human?

Zorro said:

I think what scares all of us deep down is that where another human being has committed a heinous act we all know deep down that anyone of us being human too is capable of the same act given a certain set of circumstances.

We are all capable in a physical capacity, but I doubt very much whether we are all capable in an emotional and moral capacity. Physically I capable of doing some horrific things, but reality is I wouldn't under any circumstance. I am emotionally and phsycologically not conditioned to behave that way. Under any circumstance. Am I capable of killing. Under the right circumstances, yes.I would never be able to bring my self to kill someone unless it was in the defense of my family or friends. I don't have any kind of underlying rage inside of me that could push me to commit murder. However, in the defense of myself, friends, family, or even just innocent people, I would like to think I would act without hesitation, but seeing as how I've never been in said situation, I don't know for certain. So I think your statement Zorro verges on being absolute which I feel is not very accurate.

>>You think I'm capable just by virtue of being human? <<

Batty: Yes thats exactly what i'm saying. If you were born a viking you would rape pillage and kill as many of the men as you could get your hands on (and woman too if you had no time to rape her). And you would sit around the fire at night telling the tale to your mates while drinking yourself into a coma.

And all of it would have been perfectly natural because you are human, fully capable of it and your culture that by chance you were born into glorified all of it.

Archived