Is Northwest Airlines going to strike?

longwoodguy74

Anybody have any knowledge regarding northwest air in regards to the potential for work stoppages over the next couple months?

I seem to remember hearing something about this in the press a while back and was wondering what the most recent situation is? Anyone know?

I plan to fly with them to asia fairly soon and would hate to have a strike throw a spanner in my plans!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They went on strike (their mechanics) and basically all lost their jobs, were replaced, andthe airline filed bankruptcy...is operating under protection of the banckruptcy laws (as is United, Delta, US airways, amybe a few others). Flights were reduced/cut, and the company is restructuring. They should be around a bit longer, maybe even survive...

Ya never know about pilots strikes.....Word to the wise...get to you flight early if NW stops flying then they will be booking lots of last minute seats for their VIP flyers...Been thru this before as I do UA @ 1K so I know the ropes.....Upgrades unless you are top tier....forgetabout is NW halts the metal!

yes, hope they stay in business for a while, I have over 125k ffl miles to use up.

but realistically, ff programme is no doubt on the bottom of their priority list

I know a FA who is alreadyt looking for another job...can't pay the mortgage on unemployment....I'm a UA flyer and I can tell you that the loads are up to Asia......

Archived