Death threath

thalenoi

EmperorNeo said:

come on, don't be a wussy... you have the ball in your court. Goto the police and file a report, get everything that has happend on paper along with some witnesses, then wait til the next time he is around, leave your door open, wait for him to enter, then crash his skull with a baseball bat or a blunt object. It will be a clear cut case of self defense and you had no choice. Call the Embassy right away and say nothing until a lawyer can speak with you. That's how i'd handle it.

You gotta be kidding right? You might also wanna consider sometimes there might not be a next time....

An almost identical incident occured to a friend. Without going into the details, a serious threat was made, absolutely unwarranted under whichever THAI angle you look at it. Let's just say this person doesn't make empty threats. The first thing done was to immediately file a police report about 20 minutes after the threat. There was also written evidence (yes beleive it or not, in the form of a couple of received SMS' spelling it out explicitely, which was shown to the police!). My buddy had no police connections so just went to the counter and filed a report with the cop on duty who was laughing saying don't worry, nothing will happen. The report was written (in thai), and the policeman politely provided his cell number upon request, in case there was a need to urgently call. But he was really not interested. The setting was not bkk so embassy was not contacted.

The very next day some thai fellas came from behind and almost finished him off. Thank god he did not die, but had a long stay in hospital. I will stop there.

Difficult situation indeed thailenoi. Perhaps if my friend had some serious cop connections, maybe they would have acted immediately by talking to the person and providing a warning. BUt....I would have to agree with Batty and the likes. I would try to keep my friends close, and my enemies closer; if thailenoi is gonna carry on living in his house, and if that means buying the guy a bottle of whisky and saying sorry, or meeting him and apologizing to him with the town/city chief or whatever it takes, so be it. At the end of the day there are two lives at stake; thailenoi and his gf/wife. And i wouldn't take such threats for granted........

Good luck. Hope it works out for the both of you.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we hearing the whole story here? I've known Thai's to settle matters with their fists, but threats of death are rarely carried out. Yes it is the wild east, but murder is not permitted in the Kingdom last time I checked. I'd go with difusing the situation. I've had Thai's angry at me before for seemingly trivial matters but a gift of some sort and a few mai bphen rai's always cleared the matter up. What I do agree with is a farang doesn't want to pick fights with a Thai, acting in self defense is one thing but attacking based on somewhat petty threats won't win you any friends.

Just a random thought:

Write a letter to the Prime Minister's office stating how you (a foreigner) have been threatened with murder by a Thai neighbour. Mention that you are also sending the information to the international press in case anything should happen. With the current sensitivity of the Thai government, something might get done.

(Then again, it might not ...)

thalenoi,

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I hope you have no further problems with this nutter. Sadly, your serenity and tranquility of your Chumphon idyllic retreat has been shattered and it will likley never be the same for you and your lady again even if things calm down. Moving sounds like the best option and is probably the safest course. There are plenty of nice places in the country to live. Take care and watch out for this idiot. With his blabbering on with these threats a friend or other family might decide to do what he is threatening himself to curry favor or to 'protect the family honor' or some other silly ridiculous shit. Best to leave. Not running away, but being cautious and smart really. It's a fight you cannot win alone and without some influencial or important or powerful Thai friends/acquaintances. You are basically alone in this.

Even if you solve the matter now your place will always carry this stain of this threat and the thought of it will always be there in the back of your mind. Better to start anew I'd think somewhere fresh.

Cent

Zion,

I would try to keep my friends close, and my enemies closer; if thailenoi is gonna carry on living in his house, and if that means buying the guy a bottle of whisky and saying sorry, or meeting him and apologizing to him with the town/city chief or whatever it takes, so be it. At the end of the day there are two lives at stake; thailenoi and his gf/wife. And i wouldn't take such threats for granted........

Very tough but the above sounds like what I would probably do in a similar situation.

I have contradiciting thoughts like, fuck him, his sorry ass has no say whatsoever where I decide to live, he can't make me go (that's badass Zaad talking)... then again... is it a risk worth taking? This is no movie..

Or kill the bastards before he kills you, but that really doesn't sound like me and PUHLEASE forget about killing a person and getting away with it cause luck ain't on my side this life so that's not ever going to happen.

I'm certainly no ass-kisser also but if my life and especially my family's life is at stake, then I'd find a way to 'satisfy' the cunt. Yes, cunt, since he seems to be willing to kill others over a mere arguement regarding noise late night etc. Real sad, but OK, since he's got a bad breath and must enjoy a drink, so why not buying him a cheap piss poor brandless whisky bottle to keep him happy..

Remember Thalenoi, if you're going to play tough guy then (assuming from his earlier actions) he'll likely not back down but play along.. with all sorts of bloody consequences..

We didn't come to Thailand for that, did we?

Goodluck Thalenoi :up:

Jep_dii said:

So over The New Year people made noise in celebration. A neighbor tries to make a good impression on his guests as he doesn't get many! Your GF, not only tried to wake everyone in the house the next morning but topped it off by making fun of a Thai mans guests in the open before all. Your GF has no class! He is pissed off with alot of reason. He made issue due to loose of face after your GF shit in public on him! How would you react to the same! How do you think his guests reacted to her outburst and did they leave? There is another side and your not blameless here!

Make it up to your Thai ex-friendly neighbor. Your handling it wrong!

Jep dii

No, It was not NY night, it was this friday the 13th, these 3 farangs were still around and the noise was most probably related to them.

The thai couple running the place were invited at our bbq party on NY's night, but they retracted last minute, the farangs were having a party elsewhere. The missus might be upset because off all the food we bought and who knows what else triggered her "bad"reaction.

It is always impossible to relate the full story, my gf has been sleeping at their place when I was off for one month, she has been playing cards just one week ago, food has been exchanged between the two houses etc. I have the feeling relationship mainly with the lady has been degrading lately(the gf would not care for the man anyway, he works his fruit garden in day time 10km down the road)

Her revenge saturday morning might have to do with That general impression I have.

The real problem comes with the man getting involved in a woman's issue. He is not running that guesthouse, the lady is.

I don't know why he has to prove his manhood by throwing himself into woman shouting and then getting sooooo Angryyy ready to kill the opposition. Days later he still is in KILLING mode. Christ!!!

This the real problem of some thai men, they can not control their anger and switch from peacefull person to murderers in seconds for peanuts.

Will you kill your neigbour because he pisses on your doorstep some morning? Nice fellow you would be.

I still am in the process of finding a house near Udon Thani (severall candidates to choose from)

The remaining problem will be to finish our renting contract and get our furniture out of there without confrontation nor fear with the only neighbour we have (the other houses are empty)

And my gf is in big suffering because she realisesher reactions caused all these problems. Last friday night she suggested to leave me on the spot and return living with her parents, so I could go on living in peace around the beach I am supposed to love.

I do love her more than the beach and have no problems moving somewhere else (and this will be close to the village she comes from)

I don't want to loose face neither and need to show that idiot that he has not won the war. Indeed,we know the chinese people that employ them,they run a restaurant 20km from ourplace. I will make it a pleasure to eat at their place the night before we move out. The owners oft he house we rent are also chinese, be assured they will be well informed on the reason we move out, chinese talk to chinese and weare talking money here.

Flashermack

Good idea, and in another context this may work in light of current media spotlight.... but doubtfull. A couple of days for letter to arive, 5 days kicking about the office untill someone opens it, then another few days for the content to digest... could go on for weeks.

Even if a goverment figure decided to act, the guy wouldnt be told to leave. A few weeks down the line, after his warning and massive loss of face, you can picture him drinking whisky, stewing on the matter; 'that bastard is a fellang, and he gets MY goverment to go against ME?...fuck it, monkey house here i come, i dont care, the swine is having it"

The only outcome i can see is a meeting, whereby the wise thing to do is suck up just a little - i dont mean beg, i mean a firm but polite 'sorry' even though you shouldnt have to, and shake of hands (again, not my style but with a death threat in LOS the wise thing to do), and/or leave if said meeting doesnt work out.

Bollocks to it mate.... taken for what it is - a DEATH THREAT... just bloody go. You know how the Thais can be. Death threats over here are not usualy just cheap talk, they usualy mean it, as you know.

What a fuckin pig this Thai guy is, eh? I feel for you dude, truly.

Cent,

Strange I lost a long reply with corrections to an other poster.

[Edit: seems that reply got through]

The gf was very affected by these threaths, friday night she proposed to leave me and return living with her parents, considering she was at fault destroying my little beach paradise I love so much.

But I love her more than that beach and have no problems moving out and closer to the village she comes from.

I am in the process of finding a house around Udon Thani (several candidate places) and evaluating if I would prefer living in the eternal rice fields. I am temped to build a house near the village and watch time pass by. We would not have that many neighbours, the anamai (dispensarium) being opposite the rai land we bought some time ago.

Thalenoi-

Stickie basically said the exact same hting as I did at the beginning of this thread. You need a Poo Yai, a top cop, a gov official, a major business man WHOEVER. This needs to be sorted out the Thai way...indirectly. I assume Thalnoi is abit older fellow and who wants to go head on in RURAL Thailand with some kon -baa? ONe can disappear VERY quickly Life is cheap A bullet is 5 cents

TNOi I think yo are handling this properly bro If you dont have a major friend then skee daddle bro-

The other side of the coin is he has not carried through with his threat so far AND everone know about ..So he is probably just nuts BUT does anyone really want to take a chance and find out?

Being attached to ones ego/manliness here will not help and is,I FEEL NOT WISE.

Look been here along time...long time and I have some small understanding of the way they think-HIS FACE HAS BEEN LOST-Who wants to live next to a threat? :: ::

I feel your GF probably should not have shoutedOUT But she did, so life must go on...and so should yours .

TAKE CARE...

Archived