Gift from Farangland for Thai Girlfriend

zanemay

ALMOST everything is sold in LOS so the problem of what to bring TGF from USA looms as a big problem for me. HELP!

I remember a post similar to this a month or so ago but I can't find it. Also, up to the point that iI read responses, I didn't see a suggestion that would work for my GF.

Also, a general suggestion of trinkets to give to new acquaintences, such as (here is a suggestion for you golfers) I bring a collection of new dimes (American 10 cent coins) and give them to Thai golfers and my caddies. These are used to mark ball positions on the greens. They always seem to be well received.

Zane May

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bring boxes of nice chocolates that work equally well with bargirls and other (business and personal) acquaintences. laugh.gif" border="0

Whoseyourdaddy is undoubtedly right about the perfume, although I had heard that, under the wrong circumstances, giving a girl perfume is like saying, "you need this to smell good". I'm wrong about that, I guess.

I brought single malt scotch for my male business contacts and they loved it.

I've never met the girl who didn't like and appreciate jewelry. Gold is very common in LOS but anything that looks unique is what girls anywhere appreciate.

Lastly, as Whoseyourdaddy will confirm (!) if you need things to give bargirls in the bar, lingerie - thongs and thigh-hi's, etc. -can cause a riot to break out! Happened one night at PlaySkool in NEP and I'm still trying to recover.

(I know, you're looking for your girlfriend, so this is not the right thing. Just thought I'd throw that one in.) Cheers. Chicago Dave

wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by whosyourdaddy:

perfume that is not found in LOS is great

I agree with WYD. That is the one thing I always buy for the ladies when I am back home. Makeup, lotion and other skin care products as well.

I have missed seeing your post lately, glad your back.

Its nice to get the gf point of view. Ok we understand the Victoria's Secret "nice stuff". Since you would be the expert authority (IMHO) on this subject, please share more information with us farangs on our way to the LOS. I think all of us would appriciate your suggestions. Who knows, you could even get on the list. wink.gif" border="0

LeoTex

I'm sure this wouldn't work for your girlfriend, but during my trip in July, I gave out a dozen Old Navy flag t-shirts to the ladies. Those I barfined got one and they were well received. A couple of ladies wore their shirts to work the next day like a badge of courage, hell after spending the night with me, they were courgeous. smile.gif" border="0 My only problem is I hope these ladies paths don't cross. Questions MIGHT be asked. frown.gif" border="0

Hello Fellows,

Thanks for the help so far. I have been in dept stores in LOS and it seems that they have all the perfumes I see in the states. Or if they don't, I don't know what they don't have.

I just bought her a gold chain before I left LOS. Inexpensive but she was really happy with it.

I would like to get her something uniquely American and yet tasteful (it CAN happen!) Any ideas would be appreciated.

You know what would be a great item for a Thai girl? I just thought of this. A towel with eyes where she would wrap her chest and a nose and mouth below. Even better, a towel with a body of a stacked naked girl, chest to knees. I'm surprised they don't have them. Maybe they will now.

Thanks,

Zane May

Hi,

Chicage Dave said:

"Whoseyourdaddy is undoubtedly right about the perfume, although I had heard that, under the wrong circumstances, giving a girl perfume is like saying, "you need this to smell good". I'm wrong about that, I guess."

Nope, you are not wrong. Giving perfume to your girlfriend is one the superstition taboos. However if she pays you for it (5 Baht or so will do), it is fine.

As for the original question...

Bring something that can be associated with your homecountry/town, a little statue, some keychains, silverware, you know the typical tourist crap people buy when they visit your country/town.

Also since the cold (yeah, right?) season is almosts here, you might want to buy her a sweater. She will probably see it as you thinking about her health/well-being, you don't want her to catch a cold, so therefore you love her very much.

Sanuk!

Archived