Some Have Two Wives

New Petchburi Pete

Much more common than most ignorant foreigners realize. Almost all marriages in Upcountry is done by a buddha ceremonies and not registered with the city hall or the government offices. It is also very common for Thai men to take a Thai girls(with her parents blessing with a dowry) to their home and this is considered as a marriage in their local villages. And almost all bargirls fit into these catagories. For your information, majority of bargirls do have Thai husbands or boyfriends.

Under these circumstances the divorce rate is very high and simple to do and can be done with an abandonment or seperation. No lawyers, no divorce papers, no alimony, and no child support, etc. However, it's hard for Thai girls to divorce Thai men without his consent.

Some foreigners do marry Thai bargirls without knowing that she's already married to a Thai men. This is kept secret by the bargirls for obvious reasons. Bargirls will marry foreingers for money and financial security to herself and her families including her Thai husband. To many bargirls, marrying foreigners is considered as work.

As a general rule, Thai bargirls are afraid of Thai husbands/boyfriends but are not afraid of foreign husbands or boyfriends. They consider us as pussies.

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: Traveler ]

I thought I would have been roasted by now because in the original post I stated "some have two wives." I was distracted by a stunner sitting next to me and giving me the eye; but, I meant to say "some have two husbands." But, since I didn't get flamed, maybe everyone else is as distracted by all the natural beauties surrounding us! wink.gif" border="0

Maybe she told you the girl had two husbands so you would loose interest.

Just because some bg tells you something, it rarely means it is true.

especially if it is to her/his advantage.

( thats why things are so green in thailand, all the BS) smile.gif" border="0

I was out with my wife waiting to play pool at one of the larger beer bars. When Fon noticed that I was staring (bagged again) at a very nice looking gal, she asked me if I liked her (the typical setup). I said I thought she was very pretty. That's when she revealed to me that this gal has two husbands, a Thai and a farang. I was somewhat surprised by this; but, she insisted that this is quite common! Have any of you guys made similar discoveries? How common do you think this is? shocked.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Traveler:

For your information, majority of bargirls do have Thai husbands or boyfriends.

[ August 30, 2001: Message edited by: Traveler ]

This gets so frustrating. This subject has been repeatedly beaten to death on the board so I'm not to waste my time formatting a lengthy response.

Traveler, you obviously have not the slightest clue what you are talking about. The majority of the girls working in bars do not have currently active relationships. They do not have Thai boyfriends or husbands (the line is, indeed, grey)

You information about the marriage procedures is accurate. So, yhy do you pass on ridiculous inaccurate information? There are actually sincere guys who read this board and want to find out about the girls that work in the bars. You are helping other less informed persons to perpetuate a myth.

For those of you that think I am being harsh, you are correct. But, please recall I have repeatedly talked about this in earlier posts.

If Traveler is really interested, this board has the capability for him to review my earlier posts for accurate information. If he then wants to get in a discussion he can post and I'll respond. Alright everybody, flame me for being a jerk...It's been a long day.

Nepfan, Traveller, you're both jerks. but then again, you're both right.

To say that all bargirls have husbands/boyfriends waiting for them back home/outside is not true. But it's not true to say they don't. Some do, some don't it's that simple.

I've met many BG's that openly admit they have husbands and I also know many that say they don't when I know the husband personally.

It's like everything else in LOS, they'll tell you what they think you want to hear.

Don't let it botehr you unless it's your girl that has the husband!

Nepfan,

Traveller isn't all wrong. Although I would agree that most BG's don't have Thai boyfriends (who wants to date a prostitute?) some of them have been abandoned by their husbands and therefore are working as Bar Girls. Also, traveller is right that many Thai marriages never legally get registered. Although I am not 100% sure I believe you can put a woman on your family registar without actually showing a marriage certificate (I may be wrong). I do know numerous Thais who are "married" with children and have been for years but have never actually signed any papers. If you talk with people you will find this common. More than once I was asked to try to find a good husband for a friend's friend whom I thought was stilled legally married just be told that they had never signed any papers and they had been together for years with childern.

Archived