Paying in kind

Lusty

quote:

Originally posted by rusty:

I suppose the point of all this was that for 9 days I may have been a cunt, but I was a happy cunt!
smile.gif" border="0

Don't be ridiculous. Within the sex scene in Thailand every one takes their chances and no one is exactly sure of what they're getting into.

If there were no ugly scenes, no problems, no complaints, I wouldn't give it a second thought. If you'd like to pay this girl, or another, more money next time around, it's up to you. Go ahead, if it makes you feel better.

In Thailand it all gets paid for eventually, if not by you then by the next guy she meets, and you might wind up paying for what the last guy did or didn't do, to or for, the next girl that you barfine. It all seems to work out. I really wouldn't worry about it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by rusty:

I suppose the point of all this was that for 9 days I may have been a cunt, but I was a happy cunt!
smile.gif" border="0

sit down and calculate roughly how much you spent on her..bed+linen+clothes etc..then divide by 7..see what the answer comes to, bet it is more than 1500 per day. You paid. Only point would be if she was in a bar and needed to pay the bar fine every night...if she had to go an pay back that, you stiffed her..if not you were fair. The longer a relationship, the more likely payment becomes "in kind" and not in cash. "presents" seem less hard core (and even the girls do't *always* want to feel like a wh*re.....).

quote:

Originally posted by Ultraviolet:

Did Rusty say that he had reached an arrangement with her where he would BF her for 7 days and pay her by way of purchasing a bed? No he didn't. She probably thought the bed was a present and was still expecting payment for her services. Payment which she didn't receive.

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: Ultraviolet ]

I will bow to your superior ability to read a bg's mind. I don't pretend to know what their arrangement was, because I wasn't there. He hasn't said why he stopped "paying" her after the first two nights, but he does say he spent what sounds like a considerable amount of money on her for other things. In his original post he seemed to be asking if purchasing goods, services, etc., for the bg, in lieu of cash, was acceptable. My view is that, if the parties agree, why not? All I can do is assume, since there was no nasty scene at the end, that she was OK with the arrangment and that he didn't take advantage of her.

That's also assuming, per Josh, that he didn't stiff her for multiple bar fines.

PhordPhan

cool.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by worldwalker:

I don't know. A lot of girls are very trusting, just expect to be compensated, maybe even too shy to ask. It's not too hard to take advantage of. You may think you're getting a freebee, but really you're just being an a*shole.

You certainly have a valid point. It just seems to me that if Rusty was out to take advangage of the bg he wouldn't be having second thoughts and posting them in this forum.

I still think, the question of barfines aside, that there is no injured party in this transaction. Rusty paid for services rendered and the bg was compensated, although not entirely in cash.

I think the moral of this story goes back to one of my pet peeves. Always establish the ground rules of the transaction beforehand, thus avoiding unpleasant surprises at the end. (Or being pilloried by your board mates for taking advantage laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0 )

PhordPhan

tongue.gif" border="0

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: PhordPhan ]

I think that's bullshit. I think the girl thought those gifts were just that gifts. She probably treated this guy like a king because she thought he was being so kind to her. She needed the money more then the gifts and probably would have said that if he had given her the choice. So he has a great time and then goes back to his life of comfort and she goes back to her life of proverty. He did her no favors. I think he's a complete scumbag for what he did. No wonder these girls become hardened when they see these rich guys to them not giving a shit and leaving them out in the cold. I'd like to see this scumbag live in that mud hut. I bet he wouldn't last a week. Yes, he can act like it doesn't matter but I'm sure it did matter to the girl and she won't be so easily taken in by the next guy who comes around.

quote:

Originally posted by dardar37:

She needed the money more then the gifts and probably would have said that if he had given her the choice.

Exactly, she is a hooker, she would expect payment in cash. The bed has probably been sold for a fraction of what you should have paid her.

A bed isn't going to pay the rent.

quote:

Originally posted by PhordPhan:

If she was happy with the transaction then you should be, too. I suspect if she thought she was getting the short end of the stick she would have let you know, in no uncertain terms.

I don't know. A lot of girls are very trusting, just expect to be compensated, maybe even too shy to ask. It's not too hard to take advantage of. You may think you're getting a freebee, but really you're just being an a*shole.

This girl is in survival mode and probably doesn't know where her next meal is coming from. She has a hard enough life without creeps ripping her off. It must not be easy living in a mud hut with few comforts of home. I think she got taken advantage of big time. Also when you think about it what would have been the big deal of paying her for those seven days. I'm sure the money would have been peanuts to this creep whereas to the girl it met barely existing. This guy could have made a difference in what her life would have been like for a little while anyway. The real kick was the fact he wondered if he had been the one taken for a ride by a cunt as he put it in the first email he posted. What a scumbag. I really hope he gets his because he really has it coming.

Yo, guys, back up. Rusty's original post simply asked if there was a possibility that the "mud hut" he was taken to might not have been her's. And if that was a common ploy to get sympathy, money, stuff, etc. out of customers. Well, I don't know, sounds like a possible b/g scam to me. He also stated that she seemed "OK" with the gifts in lieu of payment. Hey, maybe she really did live there. I've been to many b/g's rooms, but I've never been taken to a mud hut. If she really did live there, maybe it's because she's just not a good business woman. shocked.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by dardar37:

I think that's bullshit. I think the girl thought those gifts were just that gifts.

I'm with dardar37 on this one. She probably just thought the bed was a gift and was still awaiting the big payoff at the end of the seven days. The bit about paying for meals and taking her out doesn't count. These are just the little extras you incur if you want the girlfriend experience.

A lot of the girls are very shy when it comes to money and don't like raising the subject. Anyway to give Rusty the benefit of the doubt, maybe he didn't know how things work. Maybe he will put things right when he goes back again. Just remember Rusty, she is a human being as well. Just like you she has to eat, pay rent and buy clothes. There isn't any social security safety net in Thailand. If you don't have money you end up sleeping on the streets and starve.

Archived