Avoid Blue Planet at Big C Rajadamri

steffi

Strongly suggest avoid this resturaunt in the food center. I had their Salmon Steak and it was pretty much the worst piece of cooked Salmon I've ever tasted. This places makes their money on drinks with the food being pretty cheap but I need drinks with my food so if the food isn't good I feel I've been ripped off on the drink.

Dude, is there anything you like about LoS? It seems every post you make (at least recently) is about being ripped off or some other negative thing.

Why are you living here? Or is that just your personality? Or maybe you just have "Morton's Steak House" tastes on a "Somchai's Pad Thai Cart" budget?

Just asking...

Regards,

SD

Hmm, well I'm not here for the whores so there's very little about the place that actually appeals to me it seems. Don't get me wrong there's stuff I like and occasionally I do mention it but generally speaking most of my experiences this trip so far have been negative. Not being from the UK paid in pounds sterling, I take exception to being charged more just because I have white skin. I don't rationalize everything by converting to my own local currency and then saying... well it would cost me a lot more back home so never mind. I'm a person of principal and when I see that I'm constantly being cheated or taken for a fool I get upset.

Well compared to Chicago the Thai food here is exceptional but that's not saying much because the Thai food in Chicago is generally terrible. But if you are going to put Salmon Steak on the menu at least it should taste and be cooked like Salmon Steak. Otherwise just stick to Thai dishes.

Me personally I wouldn?t touch salmon in Thailand; I don?t think they have to many natural salmon runs in Thailand so everything is going to have to be imported from some far away place like northern Europe, and by then it can get pretty nasty. What you ate was probably fresh caught carp and they slapped a little garnish on the side.

Alfmaz said:

I did not know they had Salmon in Thailand, can never find Can of Salmon in supermarkets

Archived