Why get married?

PP

It was not my intention to say that you lied. I did use Bill C. remarks as it is to me contradicting when saying that you are committing in a marriage and at the same time seeing TBG. Well I’m also not here to define the meaning of “commitment” nor it is my business anyway in others marriages.

I think the bottom line is as both partners have “peace in mind” with this than you are a very fortunate man, but I can say that in my marriage there is no room for “strictly business”.

Before I forget, my wife is Thai laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Cheers

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

I don't know where PhordPhan's perspective is coming from? Does he write scripts for Christian radio drama skits? "After several years of marriage your sex will not be as often as you, the man, would like it. But it can be every bit as good as in the earlier stages." NO WAY!

The best sex people have, is in their later years with a longtime partner. Because good sex is a question of personal development. Most people must get 40 or 50 years old to be really good in bed.

Roland

quote:

Originally posted by RolandCH:

The best sex people have, is in their later years with a longtime partner. Because good sex is a question of personal development. Most people must get 40 or 50 years old to be really good in bed.

Roland

Thanx, RolandCH

My point exactly.

PhordPhan

laugh.gif" border="0

any one heard this about marrage/sex

types of sex in a marrage

early in the marrage:

any where sex: you'll go at anywhere

later on. house sex: you mostly do it at home.

bedroom sex: only in the bed room ( later only with the lites out)

Special ocassion sex. only on special ocassions like birthdays, anaversary.

finally, hall way sex

when you pass each other in the hall way, you give the finger and say F*** you.

Is somebody shitty me?

PhordPhan is carrying on about married sex, and ALSO is a habitual whore-hound like the rest of us? I can't believe what I'm hearing.

For 999,999 out of 1,000,000 marriages in the West, being in wedlock means not having the freedom to be an overt whore-hound. A married man giving advice about wedlock bliss, as he simultaneously, patently boinks 19 year old Thai hookers, is the laughable pinnacle of incredulity.

Phordphan should try living ten years with a wife who, like 99.999% of English-speaking wives would never put up with overt whore-mongering. Then, he should tell us how raging that stiffy is, as he drags ass into bed with the same decaying piece of flesh for the thousandth time.

Really. The applicability of Phordphan's perspective is more dubious than that of a billionaire living in a mansion advising people on the virtues of living an austere, simple life.

PhorPhan, it is a great bargain, if you are the one-in-a-million Western dude who can get it. But, unfortunately, your perspective (on THIS topic...I've no personal qualms with your other topics) has no relevance to practically any other Westerner on the board. Not to mention that something tells me, one day, the other shoe (your wife's) might drop. But, that is none of my business, and it is not the point of this post. You two might have a wonderful marriage, and I hope that you do.

Run with it. The rest of us would probably play both sides of the fence, if we came upon the infinitesimally remote opportunity. But, it is not realistic, at all, that others could successfully duplicate your condition. So, their experience would not be in the same spectrum as is yours. Or anywhere near. frown.gif" border="0

[ October 21, 2001: Message edited by: vtombrown ]

Hello Boys,

Marriage is not for me!! I don't see quite the same scenario as the original post here, although I will say it is exactly what happened to my parents' marriage.

Back in August I posted a similar topic: "Marriage!! Why??" It's still on the relationship board. Here was my original:

Over and over I come across the obsession with marriage. I am not being sarcastic, but would like some explanation - what is this about?? One question that looms: How old are the guys that are thinking of getting married? Really young I would guess.

Borrowing responses from the "Saying Goodbye to My Girlfriend" topic...

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Doom:

I hear stories about guys sending money to their rented 'girlfriend' who they spent a short time with expecting them to be faithful, and then finding out they're not. I see it all the time too in internet cafes too - girls writing to and sometimes asking money from multiple boyfriends. All I can think is, what the hell did they expect? Or stories about guys marrying what were obvioiusly damaged goods. Mostly the stories just display stupidity, ignorance, or unrealistic expectations on the farang's (usually a tourist) part.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

Originally posted by chocolat steve:

I see LOS like..an illusion but what an illusion. Let me live my fantasy that she actually 'loves me too much' as she claims..

There is a lot of wisdom in these posts. These guys know where they are and can enjoy themselves without losing their grip. I remember another post, but not the poster, that was making the point of how different these girls are from us. "While you were getting ready for your Junior Prom, she was squatting in a ditch in Issan catching frogs."

Boys, LOS is custom made for you to have a good time. And you can open your heart and have good relationships and real love affairs. But for God's sake DO NOT THINK ABOUT MARRYING THESE GIRLS! I never see good reasons coming from guys who are thinking about marrying such as "I have found my soul mate" or "We want to have a family." Mostly I get the sense that the BGs are better looking than the guy can get in his country or the guy just can't get anyone at all in his country. Okay, that's fine. Come to LOS. Enjoy the love of a sweet girl, but keep your sense of reality!

Personally, I don't understand the obsession with marriage at all. Talk about an illuision! Is there supposed to be security in it? The divorce rate in the US is 60%! I was married (for financial reasons and without children) to a great lady, but it was too constricting. About 15 years ago I chose freedom and divorced her. This has been one of the happiest and most wonderful decisions of my life. I have lived a wonderful, single life ever since, which has been the key to my happiness. This is a realization that most married guys reach - they want more freedom. They become overwhelmed with lust and frustration and the marriage falls apart, usually at great expense.

IMO Thailand is a free and happy place for farangs. Don't go to the land of freedom looking to put yourself in jail! Enjoy your life. Stay single!!

V,

This may be your problem (low quality sex after several years of marriage), but many of us don't have that problem.

Phord is right on. You must be one of the unfortunate losers.

Regards, JEff

quote:

Originally posted by vtombrown:

I don't know where PhordPhan's perspective is coming from? ... "After several years of marriage your sex will not be as often as you, the man, would like it. But it can be every bit as good as in the earlier stages." NO WAY!

This thread has some good points and some points which I think are very unrealistic. If I am to get married, I must be faithful and I must feel no hesitation in my wife's objetives as well as mine. That means no LOS (at least no sanooky), it means coming home at a decent hour out of respect, no drunken friends over on every Sunday for football etc... Marriage like religion is not what you preach but what you practice. Cheating in the west, with a very few religious exceptions, is not acceptible regarding the institution of marriage(though it invariably does happen). I understand that marriage means giving up a part of my freedom, which I am not ready to do just yet. I know that I am not yet mature or unselfish enough to sacrifice the things that give me joy. Now that LOS is in the equation I figure "why bother". Don't get me wrong, the LOS scene is what it is and I am not looking for Mrs. Mykal in Patpong. I also recognize the good points of marriage like having someone to constantly share things with, children, someone to be with in old age... However in the USA and I am sure many places in the west, there are so many women that have their value system so screwed up it is astounding. I am sure there are as many screwed up men also. My values may not be the best right now so I am opting out of any marriage situations before they even get to that level of talk. The naked truth is I know I am not ready. If I went through the original post in this thread or some variation therof, I would be close to suicide or maybe becoming some sort of psychopath... I think many men fool themselves into buying this western philosophy of work everyday, marry, have 2.5 kids, house, car, all of that to retire on a fixed income doing the same ol thing over and over and over. Not my idea of a blissful life. The west has dictated what life is supposed to be like and I really don't agree with that philosophy. Hopefully this thread has evoked thought amongst the participants. I have learned some things myself. Right now I can be content with that.

Mykal

Archived