Marring a Bar Girl.

I would like to say that YES a bar girl can make a good wife. I met my wife over 4 years ago working in a Go-go Bar. At the time I was not even looking for a girl, I went to this bar with a friend to show him around. I saw this lovely girl sitting in a corner by herself and I could not take my eyes off her. My friend saw that I liked her and called her over to talk to us. I bought her a drink and after talking to her asked her how much for long time. She said 3,000 baht. I almost fell off the stool, I had never paid that much for long time and would normally have laughed or bargained, but there was something about this girl, and at the time I was way under budget for my trip, so I said okay. It was great and I asked her to go to Samui with me.

We spent 10 days on Samui together and then she went back to her bar, but I was in love. Six months later I went back to Thailand and took her to Samui for a month and three months later back again and took her for 5 weeks, a month after that I went back and took her to Samui for another 3 weeks, and four months later back again and to Samui for a month. I kept telling myself that she was a bar girl and I should not even think of marring her. This did no good as she was the finest person I have ever known. She was a go go bar girl, but she did not start in the bars until she was 32 and had never worked as a prostitute of any sort before that. She had only been working in the bar for six months when I first met her, two years later she was still the sweet girl that I had first met. She did not smoke, drank very little and had no tattoos.

I decided that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, and asked her to marry me. She said no she did not want to get married at that time. Perhaps I was stupid but I said I would send her 10,000 baht a month for support. She said that would not be enough and she would still have to work in the bar. I said I could not afford anymore and if she still wanted to work in the bar that was up to her. Well she worked in the bar for 2 more months and then left. I still saw her every 3 to 6 months and went to her mother’s home.

Last October she finally agreed to marry me and in January we got married on Koh Samui, just short of 4 years since we first met. She came to Canada on a tourist visa the beginning of June. I knew she was a special girl, but I had no idea she was as great as she is. She fits right in with my sisters and their families and they all love her, she never complains and other than for some of the food does not miss Thailand at all. I think I miss it more than her. I live with my father, who had a stroke last August and needs looking after, he can sometimes be quite difficult, but my wife has fit right in, excepts that we have to look after him, and does not want us to put him in a nursing home, she says she will look after him. She keeps the apartment cleaner than it ever has been, cooks all my meals, and washes and presses all my cloths; there is not a lazy bone in her body. Since we have got married the sex has been far better than before, but it was great then.

Sure she married me because I represented security, but not really for money, because I am not rich, or even close to it. I know she loved me somewhat before we got married, but since we have been married I also know that the love has grown to the point that it is as real as any love between two people can be. I also know that if I were to butterfly on her, hit and beat her, disown her mother or family, the love would die, but is that any different than with any love. All I can say is I challenge anyone to find a better wife anywhere than my wife is. Oh yes the last thing she would do is butterfly on me, but put a fishing pole in her hand and you won’t see her for hours, she puts the bait on the hook, takes the fish of the hook, and then cleans and cooks them. To all you people out there, especially Trink and Stickman, who say a bargirl would never make a good wife I say you have never met mine. I may have found one of the very few out there who would make a good wife, but I know Hono has also found one and I know a few others who have also. The bar girl marriages I know that have failed have mostly been because; the girl was to young, the farang could not except the girl’s family as his own, or the farang could not take himself out of the bar. PatpongBob.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say you are very lucky,

Congratulations. A lot of the bargirl marraige failures I know of have occured after the girl has gone back to the foreigners country. After a year or so the reality of adapting to a new culture has set in with both parties unable to adapt beyond a certain point. Communication being the big problem. With both the guy and girl not being able to completely understand each other life can become very frustrating, with

communicating even little things extremely

difficult. Frustration builds into anger and resentment and before you know it the relationship has fallen to pieces.

One of the big problems with bargirls and a lot of country girls is because their education standard is so low its very difficult for them to learn to read and write english.

Educated thais who can read and write english (but not neccessarily speak english)have a lot easier time adapting.I am sure having a education helps a lot too.

Nice, it’s great to hear a success story once in a while!!! Brightens the often-dark sentiment towards BG’s & former BG’s. I feel most when treated right can turn out the same way.

Good luck to the both of you, hope your future together is long and happy!!! laugh.gif" border="0

Nakbin

If I read this post correctly , she agreed to marry him last october ( 1 year ago ? ) then did marry him in January ( this year ? ) why would she need a tourist visa to come to canada in june ? AS I always say , the first two years are the "honeymoon" and let me know how well things are after that.

But I do wish them well , ya never know....

BadaBing

Glad you found the one for you. Hopefully after the "honeymoon" period is over, u will still feel the same. Did you just get married.

How is she adapting to canada. My fiancee and I will be heading to canada in a few months for a couple of weeks. Dont think we will ever want to settle in the great white north but who knows.

Patpongbob,

Glad to read all is fine. I know of a few good mariages with TG's as well.

Stay tuned and enjoy life. Be kind to each other and it will work out fine.

Keep us posted fron time to time so you can prove toghether with some others life with an ex BG is possible.

quote:

Originally posted by fatbastard33:

However, I am slightly concerned that it took 3 years before she agreed to marry you.

I think its good that they both took a good length of time before they committed to marry. I would be much more concerned if she said yes straight away.

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: Ultraviolet ]

Archived