Marring a Bar Girl.

I'm just curious, do any statistics exist on marriges to foreign ladys that fail as opposed to say the marige failure rate among people from the same country? And how many of the marrages to BGS that fail would have no matter who the guy is...? just something to ponder...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Old hippie, great idea about stats and it makes me wonder as well, my two friends who have not done so well with thai marriage to bgs, also had failed western marriages-more than a coincidence, maybe and congrats to those who do make it work, PPB-great story and I wish you and your lovely all the best . Having said this I still feel it is a slippery situation with more than a few obstacles right off the bat to contend with-I also wonder about age differences and especially age of tbgf upon marriage-is older a better chance for success???? maybe???

Dog,

My thoughts on age at marriage, without regard to whether the person is a Thai, a bargirl or even a woman.

Pro - An older person has developed and generally passed through that stage of their life when they are changing most rapidly. Futher changes will be fewer and come more slowly.

Con - An older person has developed and generally passed through that stage of their life when they are changing most rapidly. They have to a great extent become pretty much set in their ways.

Conclusion - It all depends on whether or not the two spouses change in the same ways as they continue to age, and can accept the things about each other that are not going to change no matter how old they get. I think that overall, if both have correctly assessed each other prior to the marriage, the older couple stands the better chance.

Regards, JEff

quote:

Originally posted by traveldog:

<<snip>> I also wonder about age differences and especially age of tbgf upon marriage-is older a better chance for success???? maybe???

quote:

Conclusion - It all depends on whether or not the two spouses change in the same ways as they continue to age, and can accept the things about each other that are not going to change no matter how old they get. I think that overall, if both have correctly assessed each other prior to the marriage, the older couple stands the better chance.

Regards, JEff

Jeff

Right on the spot although I disagree that older couple stands better changes. I think that the time spent to assess each other AND adoption from both parties is the key to success. This is irrespective the nationality/background/race or age differences.

An marriage of a couple with 20 years difference in age will work in the same manner as a marriage of a couple with 2 years age difference.

Imagine a farang meeting a farang woman and decide to marry after a number of dates over a time span of 2 or 3 months. Imagine also a farang making 2 visits of 2 weeks each to Thailand over a period of 1 year and decide to marry his women (any women can fit in this picture). The time in between the 2 visits this relation is to me considered as platonic. We should also remember that most of these farang are in holiday mood and out of their regular environment.

Both of these marriages are brittle, as the “assessment period” will start only once the marriage is in place.

as posted by Jeff: Conclusion - It all depends on whether or not the two spouses change in the same ways as they continue to age, and can accept the things about each other that are not going to change no matter how old they get. I think that overall, if both have correctly assessed each other prior to the marriage, the older couple stands the better chance.

Great stuff indeed Jeff and I know for my own failed western marriage, after 13 years we grew alright, just mainly in different directions and became less willing to put up with these changes.....

and Dundee you also bring up the obvious point I made with my friend who married his tgf after "knowing" her just a few weeks, shit, they don't know anything about each other-no wonder she wants to go back to thailand!-its impossible but I know this is happening quite often......

I really think I won't be getting myself "marred" ever again, I just love being a nasty traveldog a sniffing and a humping myself into sweet and short and not too serious relationships with assorted delectible ladies......buttttt, if I do get reeled in, and I know there are some expert fishergirls out casting my ways, it will probably be when I least expect it laugh.gif" border="0 and for all my reasons for being careful about bgs I am sure she will be one..... cause I do love em... shocked.gif" border="0

=============

Old Hippie. I'm just curious, do any statistics exist on marriges to foreign ladys that fail as opposed to say the marige failure rate among people from the same country? And how many of the marrages to BGS that fail would have no matter who the guy is...? just something to ponder...

===============

As RonaldtheRaygun said about all the numbers, "there you go with the statistics again". Well, I mean, what does it matter what the statistics say if it's your arse that goes down the hole? So, for what it's worth, unless there's a compelling reason, like you want to get her arse back to your own country to continue the debauchery, what's the point of getting married. After doing myself in three times with wives i started to listen to that inner voice asking 'you really want more'? Why indeed. Only one of those three was 'love' or some other mental derangement & it would have been far better if it had happened when i was 20, and not 20 years later with a sexy Thai teenybopper bg, then it would have been out of the way nice and early. what men need is to start thinking a bit more the way these here girls do.

i don't mean 'feminine'. more like less emotional action and more practical action, the way most girls behave. i've asked the current gf a few times what she'd do if i ran out of money. would you still stay?, i ask. she gives me funny looks like i'm a half-wit to even ask. this is a girl who cries if i leave her for more than a month or so (been going out 9 months). very practical, these girls. we have a lot to learn from them. now it's holiday season she has a few returning customers so she's very practically offered me her sexy 19 yr old sister to babysit me to very practically stop me from straying too far while she gets on with the very practical business of running her business over Christmas. she'll be back when things quieten down and still keep an eye on things. meantime it's playtime with sis. I'm back to Sanukville tomorrow so i'll soon know how this next episode is going to start out. Traveldog still seems to have a stray bomb in his pocket waiting for a juicy young lovely to come along and push the detonate button. we got to think ahead too. the lookers i know are pretty cool upwardly mobile thinkers who plan things out very nicely to their advantage. if we buy their stories.

quote:

Originally posted by Sabaidee:

You can't compare your sisters with your wife as their educatioanl background is completely different !!

I think your decision of marrying her is good though. You have good sex without a cost of going to LOS and pay LTs PLUS have a good house keeper for your home and a care giver for your dad. That saves a lot of your money!! Nice move !!

Wonder when the compatability intellectual wise would come up in this equation ???

Methinks you don't understand the difference between intellect and education. Methinks you also are an individual that cannot accept anothers' experience that differs from your own myopic view.

With all of the tragic BG marriage posts that are frequent on this board, it is quite refreshing to read a post a possible success.

Regards,

JJSUSHI

quote:

Originally posted by farangbaa:

=============

Traveldog still seems to have a stray bomb in his pocket waiting for a juicy young lovely to come along and push the detonate button. .

This may explain why some of the juicies grab my "pocket" and say Boom-Boom?

laugh.gif" border="0

....boom, boom, boom boom I want you in my room, lets spend the night together for now and forever.....

The last was an interesting point.

My problem is that I find girls with tattoos, who drink and smoke, remarkably attractive.

Hence I find myself terribly drawn to girls who look pouty and drug-addicted, and then am always very shocked when I find out when I get to know them that they really are pouty and drug-addicted.

The attributes you look for in someone who you want to fuck are not always the same as those you would look for in someone you want to marry.

If they are, I think you are lucky.

If not, maybe best to either avoid marriage like the plague, or simply accept that it ain't gonna be 'till death do us part' unless through murder.

Archived