Thais are useless!

los

Perhaps I am being overly critical, but I have arrived at the point where the only thing that I can conclude is that Thais are mentally retarded. Since my wife has come to America 4 years ago, I have been trying my hardest to bring her friends/relatives here also. I have been placing personal ads for them in singles newspapers, assisting them with the Visa Lottery, trying to get them student visas etc. As of yet I have not had any success. The most frustrating part of this is just trying to deal with these Thai people. Every time I ask them for their date of birth, I get a different answer. Every time I ask them for their place of birth, I get a different answer. And trying to get a correct and consistent mailing address from these people is absolutely ridiculous! How can a damn country function when these people don’t even know their own addresses? Yes, I realize that their address system is different than ours, with all the Moo’s, Sub districts, Districts etc, but the bloody postal code? Can’t they get the damn Zip code correct?

Perhaps I am not being overly critical. I am giving up. The Thai people can stay in Thailand!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they are that stupid or pathological liers, we don't want them in States. Keep them in the land of corruption. Addition to that, they probably won't be happy in the West.

If they try the legal ways, they'll be in their 80's before getting to the USA.

Pom Michael--

Love that reply! I can see it now, some thai person thinking... "hummm what answer can I give him this time. Hopefully he'll stop asking me"?

On a seperate note, about being useless (or such), I disagree... We have a staff of about 45 drivers in our UPS Bangkok operations... These are some of the hardest workig guys I've ever seen. Lazy, not even close!

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

UPSer:

"On a seperate note, about being useless (or such), I disagree... We have a

staff of about 45 drivers in our UPS Bangkok operations... These are some of

the hardest workig guys I've ever seen. Lazy, not even close!"

Thats gotta be a tough job, traffic, worrying about theft, collecting cod's, hope it pays good.

do they have a union like in USA?

pasathai -

Yes, it does pay pretty good... I know their daily base wage (for a 9hr workday) is B855. However, if they make certain "goals" like all pkgs delivered on-time, etc. then there is a daily bonus paid as well.. Some of our drivers make in excess of B1600 daily.

Note that in metro Bangkok most of our "letters" are delivered by drivers who work on a scooter and actually own their scooter. We pay for the insurance and a set mileage reimubrsement.

No, there is no union as such for these individuals like in the US or the EU.

We have only "let go" of one driver in the past four years.

I've seen these guys running up the stairs to save time, versus taking the elevator... Plus they all carry these "maps" so they can find all these little sois that even a taxi guy can't find...

All in all, they work HARD!

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

UPSer:

the scotters would explain why I can't recall seeing any ups vehic. in Bkk.

I bet wearing the ups uniform is a real status symbol too.

( wonder if we will see some bg wearing similar outfits soon)

pasathai--

We do have brown package delivery vehicles in BKK, 27 to be exact...

They deliver anything that is over 6lbs and/or over 20inches girth.. In our metro operations, the "trucks" has 2 people; one is a driver who doesn't leave the vehicle and the other is the actual delivery person.

In non-metro locations it's just like in the US, the driver is also the delivery person.

We do this so that we don't have parking problems, theft and such forth..

If there is a large pkg for delivery in a "restricted area" where a truck can't readily access, we will coorinate with a scooter driver to meet the truck at a close by location and the truck will "hand-off" to the scooter driver to go the last leg for delivery..

All things considered.. Bangkok runs rather smooth..

No, I have not seen and BG's with UPS clothes... Most don't know what it is.. But I suspect that in the future there will be a few running around with UPS shirts!

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Archived