A Sample Of A Go-Go Dancer's Income Potential

Hugh_Hoy

Occasionally the topic of how much a bargirl can make is bantied about. I had the opportunity to get some reliable figures for one popular Soi Cowboy bar: Shark Bar. According to my source, this is how girls dancing at the bar are paid.

Base pay is 10,000 baht per month. They are expected to get 10 barfines during a month. For each barfine under that 10, they are docked 500 baht. Thus, a girl who only has 5 barfines in a month, will be paid 7500 baht.

In addition to their salaries, they receive 40 baht for every 90 baht ?lady drink?. They are expected to ?sell? 60 lady drinks per month and are docked 20 baht for every drink under that number. Accordingly, a dancer who only sells 50 lady drinks will actually net 1800 baht in lady drinks that month.

After 10 ?offs?, a girl will start getting a ?cut? of the barfines.

Barfines 1-10 ?.no cut

Barfine 11?100 baht

Barfine 12?200 baht

Barfine 13?300 baht

Barfine 14+?400 baht.

You can see why some girls might want to scamper back to the bar after a short time and try to get another barfine. It isn?t ?merely? to get another 1000-2000 baht from the customer, but to start adding up those kickbacks from the bar from barfines paid above the quota.

1400 in barfine money if she has 15 ?offs?

10,000 salary

2400 for 60 lady drinks

Total from the bar for the month: 13,800

Add a conservative 1500 from a customer for each of 15 ?offs? (22,500) and a ?busy girl? should easily make over 36,000 baht.

HH

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barfine 14+?400 baht.

Are you saying that for every barfine after 14 that the girl gets 400B out of the 500B paid to the bar? I find that a little hard to believe that the bar would be that generous. It's a hell of a deal for the popular girls if true, but I don't like it as it would encourage them even more to try for multiple barfines per night especially after she passes #14 that month.

Ranger

Actually, I was told that BEGINNING with the 14th barfine the girl gets 400 out of the 500.

HH

If true, that's quite an incentive for top girls to work in this bar I would think. Be interested to hear someone else confirm this story and if any other bars are following suit. I've heard of 100B bonuses per barfine after clearing their quota, but never anything like this.

Ranger

I was surprised at the escalating "kick back" also. I "know" that another bar used to kick back 100 baht out of a 400 baht barfine a couple of years ago...before meeting quota.

Shark Bar, according to our NP.com review board, is one of the top 3 bars on SC. So it does have some quality girls. And quite a few are still around a year or two after starting there (including a couple who used to work at Bacarra). My perception of the girls at Shark is that they are not as "thirsty" as those at, say, Suzie Wong, and a bit more "shy". I was talking to one who had worked at Long Gun and Rawhide who moved to Shark cuz she didn't want to dance total nude...topless ok, but not bottomless. The girls seem to be a tad more "reserved", I guess is the way to put it. But, IMO, have constituted the best line-up overall for the last year on a consistent basis. The Suzie Wong girls seem to turn over quite a bit, in comparison.

Maybe somebody at ground zero can get confirmation of what I was told by one of the girls and report back?

"Dude L R"...u still there?

HH

For the smarter and more attractive BGs, you need to add sponsor money - that is, the money their Farang boyfriends send to them so they don't have to work in the bar. Many better looking more personable BGs will have several sponsors.

There are signs all over NEP and Soi Cowboy advertising salaries. Even you can't read Thai, you will see the figures. They will usually also state the number of expected "offs" - Thai characters representing the sound 'off' are used.

The most interesting thing I have seen lately are the signs in the NEP stairwell by G-Spot where Soi Cowboy bars have put posters advertising for staff. (The Katoeys at the top of the stairwell are a real annoyance.) I wonder what NEP bar owners think of that?

Bangkoktraveler said:

Some of the formulas mentioned seem to be too complicated which leads me to believe some of the BGs may 'accidentally' get cheated each month because they can't do simple arithmetic.

The smart girls make darn sure it all gets written in the book. Some of them even have pocket calculators. :)

Archived