A Sample Of A Go-Go Dancer's Income Potential

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The formulas mentioned may be too complicated and BGs might be cheated sometimes (everyone under the age of 40 now seems to require a calculator to do simple math), but I have no doubt that an attractive, personable and reasonably energetic BG can easily make at least 40,000 Baht a month, if not substantially more.

That 7,000B is alot more than 3500B to 6000B someone would get with equivalent education...

Actual not bad pay for 6 to 7 hours a night to sit on one's ass and listen to music. The actual job isn't too stressful mentally. No worries when going home.

The only workplace hazards are second hand smoke and loud music. Maybe obnoxious drunken falangs?

CB

Gadfly1 said:

The formulas mentioned may be too complicated and BGs might be cheated sometimes (everyone under the age of 40 now seems to require a calculator to do simple math), but I have no doubt that an attractive, personable and reasonably energetic BG can easily make at least 40,000 Baht a month, if not substantially more.

Actually, if the girls turn in their LD chits and off chit before they depart for the night, it's a pretty simple thing. I'm assuming they can count to 20 :) Of course, there's one way to test their arithmetic: promise them 2000 and give them 1850 in small bills and see the result !

HH

cardinalblue said:

That 7,000B is alot more than 3500B to 6000B someone would get with equivalent education...

Actual not bad pay for 6 to 7 hours a night to sit on one's ass and listen to music. The actual job isn't too stressful mentally. No worries when going home.

The only workplace hazards are second hand smoke and loud music. Maybe obnoxious drunken falangs?

CB

some do seem to get the blues quite bad ,and pop an upper ,you see them change their mood very quickly .

the pissedoffdees must get them bad after many guys pissing them around early evening . early they can be chirpy and then as the evening wears on and they havent had an out the gloom decends on them.

cardinalblue said:

CB

My 7,000B estimate included having to have sex with 2 most likely bottom of the barrel Farangs. I would consider that a pretty big "workplace hazard" ::. Zero barfines and then she's in the 4,000B a month range and your comparisons to another menial job apply.

Ranger

'Course Sharks got high marks as cited in my last GoGo Round Up ::

Be curious however as to what the "off" requirement is at other places. I recall one of the smartest BG's I was ever with, call her "Miss Brittany", who spoke english better than me, whom I met in Planet Rock (in Pattaya). Besides being a looker was the best 'real' dancer I ever saw in any GoGo (all were transfixed watching her aerobics on stage). She ended up becoming a "regular" and I learned a lot from her since she spoke English so well.

She Chose Planet Rock because of the low Off requirement - only 8 per month - because this would be better for her both physically as well as emotionally. She compared this to other places like Tim's Beer bar (aGoGo) which had an Off requirement of 15 per month. She said most months she satisfied the "8 Offs" for a month with the same guy - as she ended up doing with me. The way she described "her job" she loved it - she chooses who she goes off with, usually has a great time with them, earns great money (compared to working in a factory as she put it) and has many good friends - and she always has the chance to meet a Falang to marry (she had already married one). She also compared herself to her (stupid) Thai girlfriends who hang out in Disco's and sleep with different Thai guys every night - for free and those Thai guys don't use protection.

Ironically the very place she worked (Planet Rock) had plenty girls of a different mind - doing as many "Short-Times" in the upstairs Short-Time rooms as they can each night but they also had a few girls like her, only doing Long-Times and only with those they select. I was lucky Miss Brittany 'selected' me that night - never thought I had a chance as I tried unsuccessfully making eye contact while she danced wildly but afterwards, she surprised the Hell out of me by coming up on me from behind out of the blue, hugging me saying "Hi!". :D

Anyway be interesting to know what the "going" Off requirements are in 'Cowboy, Patpong, and NEP in general.

For most bars in Patpong when the barfines were 400, new girls salary was 4000. They are expected 10 barfines and docked 400 baht each they were short of. Simple formula; no barfines means no salary. 10+ barfines means full salary. But if the girl is a stunner or worked a long time, salary went up to 8000 or more to try to retain them.

Girls in pong primarily want to work at bars with the most customers since they make more than their salary with just a couple long times. That's why you don't tend to find really good lookers at empty bars; it's kind of a spiraling cycle up or down. You have bars like King 2 with more customers, thus better lookers go to work there, thus more customers, and so on. And you have bars like Kiss that have few customers, so stunners leave, even few customers go, and so on downward.

Okay spoke to one of the gogo girls from Living Dolls 1 last night and asked her how much she made a month. I have known her for three years and believe she is reasonably honest.

She reckoned around 70,000 baht a month and she says she saves about 50,000. She is 21, good body, but not beautiful.

She has about 8 to 10 days off a month some of which she has to pay her own barfine for. She reckons she could earn more but she is lazy.

Archived