article on Stickman's site

Encore

I would like to refer readers who ahve been debating the issue of falang men falling for BGs to a recent post on Stickman's site, named:

"Men Who Fall In Love With Thai Hookers Are Clinically Sick"

By Korski

He very clearly spells out a very common experience. I identify with it, regained my health about 3-4 years ago, and use his second remedy, butterflying, to stay sane.

I think this should be required reading for all newbies on this site.

If I am allowed, I will post the link below. If not, moderators are free to remove it.

http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader2006/reader2384.htm

Thanks Stick, for posting it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting post. I can smirk and wink about it now but I remember as a newbie reflecting on the potential of some of these girls.

It's something you grow out of unless you have half a brain.

Nowadays I am quite happy to spend a night with a bargilrl and know that if I see her walking on the street a couple of days later, I might not even be sure it's her.

Personally I thought it was crap.

Too many generalisations about some hyperthetical situation with some random thoughts as a summary.

It contained no "information" and none of the statements contained any reference to any facts what so ever. Just bland assumptions that all men coming to thailand are old, all farang women are fat, all hookers are lovely and cute and all thai girls just scam for money. etc etc etc etc.

Too many people who write to Stick are full of negative comments, I guess becasue of bad personal experiences.

Surely somone must have married/fallen in love with a bar girl and had an enjoyable life ?? Or maybe they are just having so much fun with her they don't have the time to write about it........

This guy is just saying what is said on here about once a week,

'Simply follow the rule that no Thai hooker (or any person for that matter to extend the argument), no matter how attractive or unusual or good is bed, should be seen more than two or at most three times. To break this rule is to invite disaster'

Not sure what he means by any person, but that's the type of sentiment I see on here a lot with regard to bargirls. Some of the entries on sticks site are the most interesting material on thailand to be found anywhere, this entry was nothing special though as it's been repeated so often as seems just common sense.

Maybe I liked it because it is common sense.

I do agree with Phil and MSB that exceptions are possible, and in rare cases, a relationship may work out. Never say never.

But on the whole, I agree with Mr Korski.

BTW P/P, I love your Avatar. did you take it yourself?

Too many people who write to Stick are full of negative comments, I guess becasue of bad personal experiences.

If you would read all of Stickman's reader submissions you probably get at least 100 similar stories, all filled with the same stereotypes. The only 'new' angle here is that the author has read some crappy popular science book on love and chemicals and wanted it to play a part in his story. His conclusions are exactly the same as in another gazillion other stories on Stick's website.

Nothing new under the sun.

Archived