article on Stickman's site

Encore

A number of submission readers (and writers) from my site post on here. There is a lot of overlap between the two. But there are a lot of submission readers who do not check this board out, perhaps because they check out some of the other boards, or perhaps they are not actually into discussion boards at all.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chillers said:

It'd be great if there was a function allowing us to rate the articles ourselves. Interesting to see what people would vote for.

Pardon my ignorance but do many of the Stickman submission people use this board also?

Agree which is why we have this feature on our ThailandStories site; you can rate articles as well as leave comments. The site mainly hosts stories, but articles are welcome as well - as long as they deal with Thailand. We have about 2 dozen so far.

StoryAdmin

damn then I missed it as I even considered watching it at the new paragon cinema, but opted for the 3-friends film festival contribution instead. not too bad either, but wife slept thru most of it though as I'm sure she might with jintara LOL ;)

gotta get the chai lai dvd instead I suppose...

Quote:

Chillers said:

Pardon my ignorance but do many of the Stickman submission people use this board also?

I must admit, I am one of Stickman's regular contributors. I have not contributed much to this site though. On Stick's site I relate my own experiences in Thailand usually without offering any psycho-analysis. I thought the idea was that readers should get some pleasure from reading these articles. Crtisism is fair but we do this for fun, not for money.

I have to agree with WALLETSS above.

Having traveled to LOS for decades now, I have witnessed much.

Two travel friends have married Thai gals. Disaster - is a word that could explain their relationships. But this is not a generalization. Certainly, if one has a clear mind, one can be happy and successful with a Thai wife.

I read Stickman's site article. I think it is right on for many - but not for all. I do think it is a must read for any newbie.

Guest lazyphil

<<Or maybe they are just having so much fun with her they don't have the time to write about it........ >>

Maybe they dont want to make the effort finding time in their busy life to write up a sub to only find sticky cant find a few moments to show the courtesy to add a few comments at the end, instead....''Apologies for no comments on today's submissions. I am having a hellish work at week and just do not have the time to add comments today.'' hardly inspires one to make a sub if you think you might get this? not flaming you stickman, just a thought.

It is better to put that and be honest about the situation and the reasons for no comments than go a few days without putting submissions up. The general consensus form readers is that they like the daily diet of 3 ? 4 submissions, and a day without new pieces is a disappointment, hence it is better to put them up without comments, if necessary.

I read the article. In my opinion it's the author who is sick!

It sounds like he's been burned in bad realtionships here in LOS and in the West, perhaps several times over. Possibly, he's just a loser at the game of love, no matter where he engages himself, if indeed he does at all.

His generalizations and comparisons with respect to endorphine levels while in love vs. being depressed, schizophrenic or on cocaine, etc. have no validity whatsoever.

Similar brain chemistry changes on MRI (doesn't he actually mean on PET scanning?) in no way translate to illness. Endorphine levels rise in marathon runners. Does that mean they are mentally ill?

His credibility is dubious to say the least. His comparison of the average Thai bargirl to the common Western whore is testimony to that.

Beyond that, most of us know many farang who are happily married to former bargirls. And, sure, there are countless tales of disastrous relationships as well. But, just take a look at the divorce rate in the United States!

I will state that everyone is entitled to their own opinion however.

Archived