article on Stickman's site

Encore

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the article's author had his tongue firmly in his cheek when he wrote this? I guess it's just me, but, when I read the article, I had this image in my head of the author laughing his ass off as he wrote it. BTW, the part of the article that refers to men's brains being scrambled by a pretty face is (somewhat) true, although I don't necessarily agree with his conclusions (http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn4469).

As for Stick's site, I agree with unit731 - it's a must-read for newbies. Frankly, other than this site, it was one of the best resources I found on the 'Net before my first trip to LOS. Old Thai hands may complain about the same sad story being told over and over again, but to a newbie, the volume of similar posts really hammer in some of the pitfalls of the P4P scene in Thailand for the unprepared. Anyway, I'm glad it's there!

Later,

monkey39

>BTW, the part of the article that refers to men's brains being scrambled by a pretty face is (somewhat) true, although I don't necessarily agree with his conclusions,<

the power of that pretty face still amazes me. I can walk around peacefully minding my own business, with my mind far away from anything to do with women or sex, and suddenly a face in the crowd will trigger that powerful reaction. I like it, but sometimes it really stuns me how powerful that is.

Sometimes I don't like it, because I feel reduced to being slave of my hardwired instincts, rather then having a free will.

...stickman's site is entertaining and worth a read, but due to recent developments:

1) a reply PM from stickman questioning the authenticity of his postings and his reasoning for posting *crap* BS

2) a deletion of a thread I started at nanaplaza.com about his postings of *crap*

I can conclude that stickman's site is a mix of non-fiction and fiction when he needs it to be. Fiction based on real events because he is grounded in bangkok. It's entertainment only folks....and not advertised as anything but...

To me: Stickman is no longer a credible source of good info...

I like his site and recognize the work he puts into it; however, it can be pure fiction designed to attract readers. He is not hanging out his reputation when posting a posters opinion. Realize that he is sometimes posting BS, and he makes no apology between fact and BS. His site his perogative.

This is a fact that I can prove with his own response to a posting I have made on this board.

I enjoy his site, as an entertaining read, I can site specific examples on when he is posting complete bullshit. Take his and his readers postings at an entertainment value only. Most of the nana memebers that have lived in Thailand will probably agree with me.

I think it is fair to generalise and say that the majority of bargirls - farang relationships end up badly for both parties.

There is after all ample evidence to suggest that this is the case.

I don't agree with the sterotype of the lying thieving scamming bargirl although they do exist.

Many girls genuinely look for a farang boyfriend and indeed enter the business for this purpose. Some of these girls do in fact fall in love with a farang. The problem is that there are just so many obastacles agianst the relationship succeding that in most cases it doesn't. There are the cultural differences, language problems ie communication, often they are long distance relationships. Then there is the Thai family and fiends who often make it very difficult for this sort of relationship to succeed.

So i think it is way too simplistic and patently untrue to label all bargirls as scheming vixens just as it is unfair to label the men fat, bald ignorant losers.

Zorro said:

Many girls genuinely look for a farang boyfriend and indeed enter the business for this purpose.

Hi zorro,

I agree. Maybe not so many enter for this purpose but they soon hear of others who have found a farang sponsor and decide that that is the way to go if they can manage it. An issue this raises is their expectations. They hear of the farang who bought his gf a house and car within three weeks of meeting her and use this as the standard of what they should expect. If "their" farang does not deliver this, they are inclined to feel that they have chosen the wrong man - or just that they were unlucky.

A complex issue.

Khwai

By and large its to feed the family or fund the family back home. But there are exceptions. I also find that too many falangs who are not dissimilar than the 'country bumpkin in the city'. Anyone can be 'fooled' by the wiles of a woman. That happens just as easily in the west. However there are some guys who simply don't belong in LOS and they will get burned because they are not ready for LOS emotionally. All of us know someone back in falang land who would marry the first bg that batted an eye at him. All of us have seen lovesick guys over BGs that can easily be seen by the casual observer as a disaster waiting to happen if he falls for her. Some of us have been that guy.

I've also known very good relationships that are better than 99% of the all falang marriages I know.

One can make a general statement about marrying outside your socio-economic class, outside your racial/ethnic background, religious background, etc. Just marrying the same of the aforementioned has at least a 50% chance of failing in the states.

Know thyself before you 'know' any woman, including BGs. I have actually stayed away from certain women who I know I'd be in over my head with..in the west as well as Asia.

The beeing sick part applies for quite a lot of falangs,

they simply forget what they have learned in the past, they give up their own personalities and try to adjust to the Thai customs and all that stuff!

I treat them not much different than a falang lady and they seem to appreciate that. I have the bonus of beeing young having the looks and beeing wealthy enough to handle them.

I don't have problems with the girls, they have more problems with me :) Love me too much, too jealous, too much yeck yeck!

According to the contributor I am sick, I don't care because I am happy the most of the times, I am rather sick and happy than healthy and unhappy!

Archived